well i cant seem to figure out how to adjust intonation my strats trem ive tried adjusting the screws on the back of the bridge so what am i doing wrong??
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
You want to turn these screws.

Use a tuner to tune the open note to the fretted note on the 12th fret.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Alucard817
You want to turn these screws.

Use a tuner to tune the open note to the fretted note on the 12th fret.

yeah i tried that
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Well thats how to adjust intonation dude.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
all right ill give it another shot thanks
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Are you doing it correctly? As in, tune your guitar, then fret on the 12 fret, and if it's sharp or flat, you turn the screw right(if flat) and left(if sharp) and then retune and do it again until it's very close to being the same note when played open and when fretted on the 12th fret.

I may of gotten the directions wrong on which way to turn the screws, idk.
yeah im doing somthing wrong i just dont get it????
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Essentially, after every time you turn the screws, retune the string and check intonation again. Its a very slow process, but be thankful its not a floyd rose trem.
Setting intonation is the last step in a proper setup. If your neck relief and string height are wrong its not going to intonate well, especially if you are trying to do it with old dead strings. It is also hard to intonate if you are tuning lower, as in sometimes the saddles dont go back far enough. Get some new strings and take the right steps before setting intonation, and make sure you strech your strings until they stay at pitch. Also make sure your saddles are at the appropriate radius to correspond with the curve of your fretboard. There are plenty of resources on the internet that will help you through your journey, Good luck.