Hey guys,

Tis my birthday today and my parents delivered the delicous win that is...

MXR SMARTGATE!

Review:
This is seriously a life saver for me, my Vox L'il Night Train has some fearsome hiss when the gain's up, especially on my Strat. It really only does the job well if the settings on the M...i really have no idea what it stands for but it works and the hi trigger range cuts out too quickly so i leave that off. The threshold setting isn't as sensitive but i don't need it to be so it works great. True bypass circuity win, small case win and generally saving my life from hum win. Once i get my Night Train 50 head, i'll be able to run it through the effects loop and not run it before the amp so it'll be even better Overall it's 4.5/5 for me!

Pics:

My settings

With the family
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Last edited by Eppicurt at Mar 29, 2011,
Looks pretty sweet! HNPD! How much did you pay for this bad boy? I'd like to shop around for a good noise gate.
Fail on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Helicopters!
Looks pretty sweet! HNPD! How much did you pay for this bad boy? I'd like to shop around for a good noise gate.

Dunno, got it for my birthday Depends on where you live
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Fail on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.

Havn't played that game in 3 years, use it as a pedal riser now.
Besides which, completely irrelevant to the thread.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Havn't played that game in 3 years, use it as a pedal riser now.
Besides which, completely irrelevant to the thread.

Except it's in the picture you posted, which makes it fair game.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Except it's in the picture you posted, which makes it fair game.

That's nice.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
The "m" your refering to is actully "full" for full range gate. Mid is the middle position that gates more mid freq, while hiss is for your hight end noise. The high trigger would be usefull for tech metal styles. Basicly same thing as a ns2 with a threshold at max and decay at min. I def want to try this pedle out because of the freq selector
Jim root tele
Blue Voodoo 4x12
Yeah it was a toss up between this and the NS2, i did like the functionality of the MXR better and the options for noise cancelling and also the true bypass circuitry was needed for my large chain.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore