I'm fairly positive we've all been in situation that is bad, and going to worse. But what about the times you find yourself in that situation and everything works out by some slight chance of luck?

About 4 months ago I was drinking at the local bar and met some friends there. They invited be back to their place to continue drinking. Now, I really don't know them that well, and this was the first time I had been to their apartment. So, we drink, talk, and then they bring out a joint. I personally don't normally smoke weed, but I decided to take a hit. So, here it is, pretty late and I'm pretty much trashed. I thank them for having me over and walk outside.

It's now past 2 am and when I go outside, I really don't know where I am. I continue walking and finally realize I am downtown and very, very far from my house. It's also freezing out. With my drunken brain, I decided I could walk it. As I'm walking I see a taxi going by, I figure "no point in waving him down, they always just keep going" but, to my surprise he just pulls over and is like "dude, you need a ride?" turns out I know the guy and he gets me home.

Had he not stopped, I for sure would have just passed out somewhere and probably froze. I consider that very good luck and something that wont happen on a regular basis. Since then, I always just take a taxi home from the bar and if I do hang at a friends place, I call a taxi to that place.

So, what about you guys?

TL;DR I was hammered and walking home in the freezing cold. Taxi cab pulls over. I know the guy and he gives me a ride. If not for him stopping, might not have made the long walk home.
Jesus is always watching out for me.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low

That picture is my life. Seriously, situations ALWAYS work themselves out for me, its great
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I got this feeling that somebody's watching me...

Seriously though, I don't think I've ever been in a "life-threatening" situation only to be snatched from the jaws of Death.
I was riding my bike in winter once and being forced between someone going too fast for icey conditions and a white van which wouldn't stop tailgating. I couldn't see the HUGE Ice block that I wa about to hit that the car could easily go over, but is a freaking awful hazard for someone on 2 wheels..

I hit it dead on and the front tire freaks out.. (Doing 60mph on an icey winding road). MASSIVE steering wobble which was uncontrollable. The bike verged into the oncomming lane, which thank god had no one on it, but for some reason that side of the road was completely ice free.. for some reason the gritters only did that side and completely neglected the side with the big block of ice on it.

Anyway, I managed to stay on (I still don't know how the hell that happened), re enter my lane and stopped at the nearest place to get my bearings back.
I took a look at the driver of the van that was tailgaiting when I regained control.. never have I seen such horror. Thankgod he didn't rear end me either.

It's kindof loosely based on the thread :/