We're required to give a 30-45 second speech for our campaign in front of our grade. This is what I have, what do you guys think?
My Speech

My fellow highlanders, we now find ourselves looking at the precipice of change as our current senior class graduates and we, the juniors, rise to the occasion. It is no small feat that we have made it this far, but, as we all know, it is the final leg of the marathon that carries the most bearing. That is why, if I am elected Senior Class President, I will make our senior year one will all cherish for years to come. I will work hard to integrate Student Council with the actual students they are supposed to represent, instead of the closed-door workings like it has been for year’s prior. Now, it is the time to give the voice back to the people, and together, we can do just that. Let us make it that when we pass the torch to our successors, we leave a legacy here worth remembrance and respect. Together, and only together, we can truly make a lasting difference for our school and community. My name is ------- and I am running for the office of Senior Class President.
Shouldn't the last sentence be at the beginning?

Also, try work in some jokes or something. I was school captain in my senior year of school (I assume that's the equivalent to what you're running for), and people voted for the lulz. But then again, I had 5 - 10 minutes, not 30 seconds.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Mar 29, 2011,
It kinda sounds generic..but i don't know what a good speech sounds like lol.
if you gave that speech
at my school half the people
will be asleep and the other half
will just be talking to each other
you need to make the first thing you
say very very funny
and have jokes throughout the whole speech
then you'll win
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
It was alright, but you're still saying the same shit every other person in the running is said; "I will help the school, do what the students want...", except in a bit of a longer form then what our candidates say. And every year they give their speech filled with hope and promise, then after about a week we don't hear from them again, and they've gone under the radar, leaving us totally unaware of what's happening. Mind you, I don't think many people care.

Also, giving a few specific examples of things you're going to do might help win over some votes. For example, mention you'll do more fundraising for the sports or arts programs, host more dances, or shit like that. That way you'll give people something to hold on to that really affects them, and make them more likely to vote for you, plus make you stand among the "Uhh... yeah, I'm gonna do stuff for the school and it's gonna be awesome, mk, thanks, vote for me, bye". It's written well, so I'm sure changing a few things up won't be much of problem

Good luck with the speech

EDIT: Also, that ^^. You definetly need to immediately grab their attention if you want them to listen to what you have to say. But don't overdo the jokes. One at the start to gain interest, one in the middle to keep people paying attention, and one at the end to leave people with a good impression of you.
Last edited by IommiPage at Mar 29, 2011,
It doesn't matter what you say. In that short amount of time, you can't actually present any content. I'd just introduce myself and say that I'll do the best I can. And I'd make jokes about it.
Dress like a pirate add an "ARRGGGGHHHH" after every three sentences. That'll be sure to keep your peers entertained.
"Recording is God's way of telling you that you suck." -Bob Brozman
Quote by FicticiousCacti
Dress like a pirate add an "ARRGGGGHHHH" after every three sentences. That'll be sure to keep your peers entertained.

Seriously do something like this. Class presidents don't do anything. Its honestly a popularity contest.
Quote by FicticiousCacti

that's what my city's first mayor did

srsly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Ney

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by footballnerd999
We're required to give a 30-45 second speech for our campaign in front of our grade. This is what I have, what do you guys think?
My Speech

My fellow highlanders,[Irrelevant we have no idea where you go to school] we now find ourselves looking at the precipice of change [how the fuck did you find yourself there?]as our current senior class graduates and we, the juniors, rise to the occasion. [keep your sexlife out of it] It is no small feat that we have made it this far,[Actually it's goddamned fucking amazing. but, as we all know[Who are we and wtf do we know?], it is the final leg of the marathon that carries the most bearing[Do you know what a bearing actually is?]. That is why, if [If??? Really if????]I am elected Senior Class President, I will make our senior year one will all cherish for years to come.[Only if you release chickens in the principals office Otherwise you wont be remembered a day after you left[B]No you won't[/B]] to integrate Student Council with the actual students[[B]What are you going to do with the virtual students???? Fuc[b][b][/b][/b]king noob. [/B]they are supposed to represent, instead of the closed-door workings like it has been for year’s prior. Now, it is the time to give the voice back to the people, and together, we can do just that. Let us make it that when we pass the torch to our successors, we leave a legacy here worth remembrance and respect. Together, and only together, we can truly make a lasting difference for our school and community. My name is ------- and I am running for the office of Senior Class President.[/QUOTE]
All rainbows and butterflies
My a I will work hard[No you won't] to integrate Student Council with the actual students[What are you going to do with the virtual students???? Fucking noob. they are supposed to represent, instead of the closed-door workings like it has been for year’s prior. Now, it is the time to give the voice back to the people, and together, we can do just that. Let us make it that when we pass the torch to our successors, we leave a legacy here worth remembrance and respect. Together, and only together, we can truly make a lasting difference for our school and community. My name is ------- and I am running for the office of Senior Class President.

All rainbows and butterflies
My answers are in bold.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Needs more phrases like "They shall know our velocity" and "May our fury strike fear into the hearts of the republic."