here's a doomy/slower metal song i've been working on. it's all rough takes, this isn't the final version, so there are missed notes here or there and i recorded the riffs individually and arranged the song that way.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8449636/9thsong.mp3

could really use some crit!
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Well... ?

It's very repetitive sorry to say that... I would have expected more riff.
The clean guitar at the intro seem a bit out of tune?...
The bass should have played more note.
The solo was ok!

I liked the progressive drum!
Every instrument are sync!

Don't take it personal... You just need to finish the song... Add one or two more riff and that'll be very good

-MDP
Quote by MangeuDePoutine
Well... ?

It's very repetitive sorry to say that... I would have expected more riff.
The clean guitar at the intro seem a bit out of tune?...
The bass should have played more note.
The solo was ok!

I liked the progressive drum!
Every instrument are sync!

Don't take it personal... You just need to finish the song... Add one or two more riff and that'll be very good

-MDP

that's the exact type of crit i'm looking for the intro was done just to be funny, lol.

I'll have the bass walk around a bit more, and i'll spice up the riffs a bit.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
the drums seemed to be a little ridiculous at times, but programming drums is a talent all itself. the playing is solid and clean, but you can definitely tell that it's all rough, once this song is cleaned up it'll sound great!

peep mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26803810#post26803810
--------

Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive. Just because you're human doesn't mean you have to die.

the gear:
gibson sg
marshall mg100fx head/4x12 slant cab
im a minimalist.
Gun,
Intro was humorous. Audio quality is good! I like the guitar riffs! I didn't notice any bad notes. Playing seemed good to me. Glad there's not too much machine-gun bass drum, because that wears quickly on me. Can't say the lead guitar does much for me except where you are playing faster. I think you're off to a good start! Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426734
somone helpmeout u said a song needed to be criticised but bow do i listen to it.
Quote by zwezwe1
somone helpmeout u said a song needed to be criticised but bow do i listen to it.

Just click the link and let the page load.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Just a side note:
This is what I think when I think doom metal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FG1J7HhTZE. My opinion is that this isn't really a doom track per se, just a slower heavy metal track.

It is very repetitive. I think vocals over top would help that out, but what really sells me on the occasional doom metal track is serious orchestration. A really big sound that just hits you is what I like in a doom track. This song didn't have that at all.

The opening riff was kind of dull because there was nothing but those long-assed notes. Rather than capitalizing on the heaviness you could have had, you just let the notes hang there. The riff that comes in at about 1:30 is ok, but it doesn't do much for me. The solo guitar sounds poorly intonated and a bit out of time.

The overall impression I get is that this might sound decent with some work, but it doesn't do a whole lot for me. It's not bad, but it isn't making me shit bricks or anything like that.

Maybe if you used the slower chord passage to segue into something really slow and dramatic (not quite the link I posted up top, but slower nonetheless) you could make this go somewhere. Or maybe it's the roughness of the song and the lack of vocals. Something just feels unresolved (although you did say it was a work in progress, so I'll not criticize you there).

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425929
Hi Billy Mays here! (The Billy Mays videos on your Youtube are awesome). Liked the clean guitar intro and Billy Mays for heavy metal, perhaps you could try having him sing some more lyrics over it? That would be awesome.

Song sounds pretty good so far, production is a lot better then your previous song. The drum sounds pretty good, ahtough a bit machine like but that what might be what you're going for. The beginning of the solo sounds evil and quite promising, but I feel that toward the end of the solo you're just trying to punch in some fast licks that don't really fit, to me it sounds like you actually wanted to go all-out shred but then thought "Oh damn it's lost it's melody let's replace part of the licks with long notes to compensate" which doesn't sound that great in my opinion.

Overal a solid song, maybe a bit repetitive, but pretty good still.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
Actually loved the intro. Good quality recording. You need to write more riffs and whatnot for the track, as it is too repetitive as it is right now. I'd like to hear a complete recording though. Sounds like it'd be sick in the end. I really like the crunchy feel from the guitar. The solo was alright; just seemed to have mostly random notes to me. The bass felt like it should have a larger part in the track. Maybe more technical playing? It's too bland right now.

Crit for crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427395