So im lookin on craigslist and a guy has a silverface for sale for 450, says it has master control knob and footswitch, but shows a lot of wear on the leatherett. Says the front panel is in good condition.

What prices do silverfaces go for, and what should I look for when I go to check one out? Im looking to buy one to replace my vox ac50cc
what tones are you going after. the twin is voiced completely differently from the AC50cc.

genres of music?
budget?
location?

that seems like a nice price for a silverfaced twin provided it's in good working order. it may need tubes, a bias job, and caps so be prepared to get it serviced. i wouldn't buy an old twin without expecting to have it serviced.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
$450 is pretty reasonable. I've seen them go from $400 to $800. But make sure you play through it first--lots of people (myself included) find silverface Fenders excessively harsh, especially the Twin Reverb. I'd personally prefer the Vox.
i bought the AC50CC new few years ago for like 600 or so, they discontinued them pretty quick.
Rock/Blues plan on runnin an OCD and Fat-boost 3 through it
budget round 5-700
STL area
the twin is a great blues rock amp with an ocd or even just a tube screamer.

i really liked the AC50cc when i tried it, cool amp.

someone check the STL craigslist, i just found the dude the rivera in the other thread. it's not my turn.
If you want to push a Twin Reverb of any type into overdrive with an OCD, it'll be too loud to use within half a mile of neighbors. (Although it'll sound good when you can crank it.) It's a pretty good price if the amp's in good working order, but it doesn't sound like it fits your needs at all.
How would my current amp compare? I hear nothing about the AC50CC, but it seems like everytime I look onstage my favorite guitarists use an old silver or blackface
Quote by gregs1020
the twin is a great blues rock amp with an ocd or even just a tube screamer.

i really liked the AC50cc when i tried it, cool amp.

someone check the STL craigslist, i just found the dude the rivera in the other thread. it's not my turn.

Why was it discontinued so quickly? I use the combo
Quote by AeolianSeventh
If you want to push a Twin Reverb of any type into overdrive with an OCD, it'll be too loud to use within half a mile of neighbors. (Although it'll sound good when you can crank it.) It's a pretty good price if the amp's in good working order, but it doesn't sound like it fits your needs at all.

Yea I know 50w is pretty damn loud, and I live in a rural area.

I play in a garage with concrete walls lmao its a chaos of sound, maybe ill take my amp in the house and try her.

I love the tone of my ac4tv
The main difference is in the mids and the amount of clean headroom. The Twin Reverb has a more scooped, balanced tone, while (at least from what I heard in the ten or fifteen minutes I played one) the AC50 is more midrangey. The silverface Twin in particular has a lot of treble, almost too much without careful EQ work. Moreover, the Twin has a lot of headroom; it'll stay very clean until it's at extremely high volume. The AC50 fits better into crunch territory. So even though normally there isn't much volume difference between a 50 watt and a 100 watt amp, the Twin will seem much louder.
Quote by DeadMeadow
Why was it discontinued so quickly? I use the combo

i dunno, didn't sell well i guess.
Is the Twin Reverb you're looking at 50 watt? Because most of them were between 85 and 135 (that 135 is the Ultralinear, which was surprisingly awesome).
I think Vox is sort of pigeonholed with the AC15 and AC30--when they tried to branch out a little with the "reissue" of the AC50, people just saw that it was higher gain and had EL34s and said "Whatever, man, if I wanted a Marshall I'd buy a Marshall" and didn't even try one out. Which makes the success of the Night Train more surprising. But I'm just guessing.
K thx for all the help
Ill claim my ignorance as far as amps go, I really dont have much of a chance to try various amps out, so im kindve limited in my perspective.
I guess ill keep my Vox

My Verbzilla just went out on me, so I dont have any verb for my actv4 house amp. I ended up not plugging it into the L6 ports on my Pedal Power 2. It lasted about a a year and a half before it quit me. Im guessing the module is fried.