hey guys, so a while ago I asked some questions about getting into jazz, and since then I've started messing around, and wow. Seriously I've been a blues and rock kinda guy for a while now, but since I've started messing around with jazz I feel like my improvisation has gotten better in nearly every genre. People say the best way to get better is to play and listen to good music. The thing is I don't know that many good jazz musicians, I mean I could use google but I'd like to hear what you guys think. I'm down for jazz guitarists and other instruments. How bout some suggestions guys?

Sorry if wrong forum btw.. Just figured my theory questions about jazz were here, and I got a lotta help so why not .
Wes Montgomery, Emily Remler, are my favorite jazz guitarists and for piano you can't go wrong with Duke Ellington.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
The cool thing about jazz is that every musician has something to offer. There's no reason to stick to jazz guitarists, though you should definitely listen to a few good ones (The mainstays of Django Reinhardt, Wes Montgomery, Charlie Christian; Pat Metheny, Martin Taylor {a personal favourite}, Jim Hall) at first.

As you start getting more into jazz, you should look to: John Coltrane, Dexter Gordon, Dizzy Gillespie, Thelonious Monk, Art Tatum, Art Blakely, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Sun Ra... I could go on for hours.