I am not going to be a lead singer, but I do sing decently enough where i can write my own songs with vocals.

I have a pretty low range am either a bass-baritone or a regular baritone. I can sing a G1 without a vocal fry and sing up to a G4 in head voice or mixed, im not too sure.
Last edited by musicandthewave at Mar 29, 2011,
Quote by musicandthewave

I have a pretty low range am either a bass-baritone or a regular baritone. I can sing a G1 without a vocal fry

Mismeasurement.... or provide proof?

Quote by musicandthewave

and sing up to a G4 in head voice or mixed, im not too sure.

As long as it isn't falsetto, G4 is great. There are tons of songs / bands whose songs top out around there.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Hi guys

So glad I found this thread..I'm exactly in the same boat. I'd like to be the lead vocalist of a band and can actually sing a bit now BUT I have a bass voice and fear its unsuited for rock music. If someone could give a listen to a track or two in my profile and give their -honest- opinion of my voice and whether it would work then I'd appreciate it a ton..! The two songs I have up with vocals actually show my upper register...my voice goes very low.

I know it works for the National (one of my favorite bands btw), but they have a very specific type of music which happens to suit the singers voice and vocal style brilliantly...my point is, I can't really imagine Matt Berninger singing a U2 song for example.
Quote by axemanchris
Mismeasurement.... or provide proof?

As long as it isn't falsetto, G4 is great. There are tons of songs / bands whose songs top out around there.

CT

nope not a mismeasurment. 100 percent sure I can sing a C2, A1 im pretty sure I can hit, G1 is kind of iffy but i don't think it's fry. I can fry as low as C1.