Poll: What do you think of Mixcraft?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think of Mixcraft?
"I love Mixcraft, best software ever!"
1 5%
"It's alright"
3 15%
"It sucks... don't waste the money"
6 30%
"What's Mixcraft?"
10 50%
Voters: 20.
So i'm thinking about buying the Mixcraft recording software and have read through alot of reviews on it but i thought i'd ask UG's opinion. so let me know what you think about it you can give stars (******) pros/cons whatever.
My E-Family

Quote by Scyther
Banned are vic and rebel at it again? Do I need to get the hose?

Quote by Oyface
What a rare sight, a non ignorant christian.

UG's Most Attractive Female 2011!!

PM me if you are ready for a jail break
nothing against a "real" daw but it gets the job done for starters. With a lot of own VST you can survive :P
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Personally i think mixcraft is Excellent. Especially for the money, it is an excellent buy. It can run tons of Vst's and plugins, it already comes with some of its own too. I've tried out lots of other DAW's like Acid and Reason to name a few, and i keep coming back to mixcraft. It is easy to learn how to use and as i said before, it is excellent for the price point.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Beatcraft is pretty cool too.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i have mixcraft and i like because it's simple and easy to use but i have nothing to compare it too.
Quote by captaincrunk
Reaper is better and free. Cubase is immensely better and more costly. It's not even like a middle ground. I would not purchase it.

It's not free. TS, if you try Reaper and truly enjoy using it, buy the license. It's only $40.
"If after 30 days you decide that REAPER is not for you, simply delete it.

If you decide that REAPER is for you, you must purchase a license. "

You don't HAVE to...But it's $40. If you want Reaper to continue making updates and such, making their software better, they need the money to do it. Don't be that guy.
Quote by captaincrunk
Reaper is better and free. Cubase is immensely better and more costly. It's not even like a middle ground. I would not purchase it.

This
REAPER. tried ableton, cubase, and fl. reaper is such an amazing daw, and you can actually afford it. not only that, it's cheaper than a video game. really user friendly too, or at least that how it seems to me.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by Meelad360
"If after 30 days you decide that REAPER is not for you, simply delete it.

If you decide that REAPER is for you, you must purchase a license. "

You don't HAVE to...But it's $40. If you want Reaper to continue making updates and such, making their software better, they need the money to do it. Don't be that guy.

Be that guy. That guy gets free access to a subpar DAW, but at least that guy is making music instead of giving up on Mixcraft.
Quote by captaincrunk
It's free. TS: Don't pay for it unless you start selling your music.

This. Seriously I'd pay for Reaper if I could, but my music isn't for sale
Quote by captaincrunk
Be that guy. That guy gets free access to a subpar DAW, but at least that guy is making music instead of giving up on Mixcraft.

I like captaincrunky more than you.
Quote by captaincrunk

Reaper has pretty much everything cubase has and is vst compatible. I unfortunately wasted my money on pro tools back in the day, but if i'd heard of reaper back then i'd have just used that and saved some cash..
Quote by captaincrunk
Your opinion is less than worthless to me.

That's cute :3
Quote by Zoot Allures
Reaper has pretty much everything cubase has and is vst compatible. I unfortunately wasted my money on pro tools back in the day, but if i'd heard of reaper back then i'd have just used that and saved some cash..

You say that like Cubase isn't VST compatible... when its Steinberg who invented VST... and VST2... And VST3... and VST3i...

Cubase > Reaper. My car has cupholders, tires, an engine, speakers, transmission, whatever. But a Bugatti is still better.