I got my bike stolen today and I need help figuring out what to do to get it back. Before we get to that, I'll explain what happened.

Today, I woke up at around 11:30 am and I realized I didn't wake up for school. So, instead of biking to school, I biked around my neighborhood. I got the brilliant idea to go to my friend's high school and spend the rest of the day there.

When I got there, I realized (this is my tragic mistake) that I didn't have my bike key for my lock with me. I searched my bag for a spare and I couldn't find it. Instead of going home because it would've been too much of a hassle, I decided to dump my bike in someone's yard since it was full of bushes and plants. I hid my bike amongst the plants and left. I came back 45 minutes later and realized it was gone.

I walked around the neighborhood surrounding the high school, for three hours asking anyone and everyone if they've seen anything. One guy said he saw someone with a grey bicycle but he also said they mentioned my name. I'm not sure if he's delusional. Only lead I have is that the guy was wearing a bright orange jacket and maybe have mentioned my name or known me. Which I highly doubt since school was still in session.

I don't know whether or not I should contact the police since I wasn't at school today, so I could be charged with skipping class, I was at a high school that I wasn't enrolled it and could be charged with trespassing and I didn't lock my bike up properly, which could end up in them giving me the whole "you should've locked it up, can't do anything about it now".

What should I do now?

oh and my parents still don't know.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent

Found it.

But really, maybe the people WHO OWNED THE YARD YOU LEFT IT IN have it...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Mar 30, 2011,
I should've seen that coming.

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Look for an area with a high concentration of black people. But by this point, who knows, your bike could be halfway to New Orleans by now.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by PinoyxRockar
I should've seen that coming.

Good advice in the second part of my post.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by PinoyxRockar

Only lead I have is that the guy was wearing a bright orange jacket

Dude you just helped an escaped convict flee. You might be proxy to any ensuing crimes
Quote by PinoyxRockar
I don't know whether or not I should contact the police since I wasn't at school today, so I could be charged with skipping class

I would be fleeing the state right now if i were you.
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
you cant be charger with skipping school or trespassing on school property for that, and too late to call the cops now, you're fukc
ed.
Quote by bendystraw
Fifty bucks says you're fat.
(Invalid img)

AND LOOK!!! He is wearing an Orange Jacket!!! OMG
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
I wasn't at school today, so I could be charged with skipping class

wtfamireading.jpg
Ibanez AW200 ( Discontinued )
Jackson DKMGT Black
Squire Telecaster Classic Vibe 50's w/ Noiseless Specials
SX Bass ( Vintage Series Custom Hand Made )
-----------------------------
Roland Cube 30x
Peavey Classic 30----Boss RC-2
Quote by Nomack
I would be fleeing the state right now if i were you.

But he can't. Didn't you hear, his bike was stolen.

trollface.jpg
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
I had two bike stolen on separate occasions. The first time, I found it on the porch of a house I delivered papers to. It was actually a house I had to go up to the door and collect money.

They said they got it from a garage sale and apologized. I didn't really belive them since the police said they'd dealt with them before, but I just figured no harm, no foul. Also, a couple months ago, there was a massive (for my town's standards) police raid at that house. The paper said there was a meth lab and counterfeiting stuff there.

The second time my parents found some kid riding it several hours later in the grocery store parking lot a block away from my house. Apparently he only lived a couple blocks the other way from my house, and said when he woke up it was in his yard. My parents gave him a ride home and everything was cool.

Not really helpful, just felt like sharing.

Relevant: Also that last story made me think, if you woke up one morning and there was a bike in you're yard, would you consider it stealing to ride it?
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son
wow, these people are a bunch of stupid drama queens. everybody dies, idiots, not every guitar breaks.

UG's resident Pokemon Leauge Champion!
Pokemon RBY CYOA!
Quote by biga29
Good advice in the second part of my post.

I knocked on their door, and they don't have it. I talked to everyone and anyone.

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Quote by Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
wtfamireading.jpg

I have no idea what I'm saying. I don't know if that's accurate but I'm paranoid.

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
I wasn't at school today, so I could be charged with skipping class

Wat.
lol that dude who said the person who has your bike mentioned your name seems like quite a character.This is actually a really funny story lol but i do hope u find your bike
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Bright orange jacket?

Yeh I wouldn't go looking for it now...

Take the bus to different part of the city, find a bike that looks like yours(or one that you like) and steal it, ride it back to your area and everybody wins!

Except the person who's bike gets stolen last