This is my newest metal song, wrote it last month but never got it up on the interwebs.

http://soundcloud.com/andyshattuck/verdun

feel welcome to check out my other songs too I do everything.
--------

Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive. Just because you're human doesn't mean you have to die.

the gear:
gibson sg
marshall mg100fx head/4x12 slant cab
im a minimalist.
LOL, and my drums were ridiculous? lol

over all, i liked it, seemed to be getting alot of scratchiness around the 2 minute mark? not sure if that was intentional, but it definitely seemed to take away from the punchiness. i liked the intro and outro. Actually alot of the palm mutes seemed to have that same scratchiness?

what are you using to record? that's not a POD is it?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Haha with your song i meant there was a couple kick fills that were just unnaturally fast, sounded like a machine gun, where as my song is just really ****ing difficult for any drummer haha

but thanks for the input, I dont really know what you mean by scratchiness though :P

No I'm using NativeInstruments guitar rig I/O with guitar rig 4. and a lottt of EQ
--------

Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive. Just because you're human doesn't mean you have to die.

the gear:
gibson sg
marshall mg100fx head/4x12 slant cab
im a minimalist.
Quote by FireReaction
Haha with your song i meant there was a couple kick fills that were just unnaturally fast, sounded like a machine gun, where as my song is just really ****ing difficult for any drummer haha

but thanks for the input, I dont really know what you mean by scratchiness though :P

No I'm using NativeInstruments guitar rig I/O with guitar rig 4. and a lottt of EQ

i think that's what i'm talking about. the real fast palm mutes have a bit of pick slide to them. It's prolly the DI recording method. i've done ALOT of the DI stuff and that's always an issue. listen close for it.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Thanks for the review! I love the sound of the drums haha, overall the quality of the whole song is amazing, everything's in sync, and the instruments sound amazing. Drums are pretty crazy, which I like. The riffs are pretty brutal to. I think you should deffinitly look into finding a vocalist :P
Dude, this is trying way too hard to be djenty and whatnot. It's got the weird time sigs, endless walls of diminished riffs, and no sense of direction. The bit around 1:20-1:30 was good, I liked the choppiness, but it killed itself with the unending dim5 chords.

There didn't seem to be any kind of progression going on, no sense of direction, nothing. It was just unstructured wildness, as far as I can tell. It isn't unlistenable and if you're into that kind of thing, fine, but what's happened is that the riffs all blend together and none of it makes an impact. I could listen to any other amateur djent project and never know I was listening to someone else.

Melody goes a long way to establish a direction, which the vocals can provide (like in the case of Periphery). On that subject, what Periphery has is a sense of direction, a chord progression even with all of that diminished mess they call riffs. It's musically interesting because every riff isn't trying to throw in as many minor thirds and diminished fifths as it can (just most of them).

You know how to record stuff well. The quality is excellent and the programmed drums are spot on. Your playing is clean and on the beat (wherever that might fall). I think you could do a lot more than a diminished mess than this if you would take a step back and think about orchestration and melody as well as rhythm.

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425929