Hello!
I have some money and I'm looking forward to buy something unusual. I found a chinese copies site, and there I found this. Please don't kill me for buying a fake, I just don't have enough money to buy a real one.
The questions are : Are the photos real? (Because I really can't believe a fake can look THAT good and be SO cheap)
Do you think this thing can be played, or should I use this just as a decoration for my room?
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
Fake. The pics are probably real, but what you'd get if you bought it would look nothing like that at all.
Well, customers are happy with the guitars he sells to them... Maybe they are guitar noobs?

EDIT : i had a chat with him and i realise i don't trust him at all
Misha

Last edited by terribleguitar at Mar 30, 2011,
you pretty much answered your own question dude. what gave you that feeling of not being able to trust him?
Never, ever buy a fake. If it claims to be the real thing but isn't, it's usually terrible.
Copies that don't claim to be the real thing are usually better, and they're not illegal to buy wittingly.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
At first he said that its ready to ship, and when I asked him to send pictures he told me that its out of stock and he was going to order 30 pieces from USA in a month.
What do you think of these chinese fakes? (I don't want any misunderstanding, but for example i would really like to have an YJM Strat, ESP KH, Peavey wolfgang but I can't afford a real one!)
Misha

Quote by PsiGuy60
Never, ever buy a fake. If it claims to be the real thing but isn't, it's usually terrible.
Copies that don't claim to be the real thing are usually better, and they're not illegal to buy wittingly.

I've heard a guy was making a vid about his fake PGM and he said that this fake is as good as some RGs Prestige. Maybe he was extremely lucky
Misha

no dude you are wrong!! the problem is not with the guitars but the sellers ,
you must find the trustworthy sellers to get a good deal!! there are both real and fake sellers on those webs .

i have owned a replica , trust me , its not that bad , and it was exactly like the pictures.fact is i have bought from a good seller. thats it.

try to find a good seller and check his selling reputation , feedback from customers etc.
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/429971892-Johann-Yngwie-guitar-Electric-Guitar-in-stock-wholesalers.html
That man has great feedback, and I am absolutely sure that the picture is real. But I would really appreciate a Wolfgang with a fixed bridge. Maybe I shall ask this seller for a replica?

On the other hand, the feedback for the Wolfgang fakes' seller is not that bad, too, but there is something wrong with the feedback, I found it rather suspicious...

(Sorry for bad english)
Misha

when i bought the guitar, i used to chat with the seller a lot! he said he has a factory, so i have also changed the bridge and the some other minor stuffs .

i think u can get a fixed bridge as well! chat with the seller in details! dont rush !

all the best!!
Quote by terribleguitar
At first he said that its ready to ship, and when I asked him to send pictures he told me that its out of stock and he was going to order 30 pieces from USA in a month.
What do you think of these chinese fakes? (I don't want any misunderstanding, but for example i would really like to have an YJM Strat, ESP KH, Peavey wolfgang but I can't afford a real one!)

He's not ordering anything from the U.S. that's for sure. The fact that this guy is consistently lying to you is reason enough not to buy from him. That isn't to say there is anything wrong with the guitar. It might be a perfectly nice copy, but this guy, as you've said, does not deserve your trust and certainly does not deserve your business.

If he's lying to you so much now what is he going to tell you in six months when he's spent your money but you don't have your guitar yet?
Quote by terribleguitar
Well, customers are happy with the guitars he sells to them... Maybe they are guitar noobs?

EDIT : i had a chat with him and i realise i don't trust him at all

Lots of fake sellers give fake ratings and reviews for their product.

If you don't trust someone, rule #1 through 100 is DON'T BUY FROM THEM.
Yes, that had to be capitalised and made into 100 separate rules. It's that important.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by terribleguitar

2 things. 1, no one in china is ordering guitars like that from the US to turn around and ship them back that's just plain stupid. the shipping costs alone woul;d be more than what they are asking for the guitar. my brother lives in beijing (teaches english) and has told me flat out that those kinds of guitars just plain aren't available in china as they are way to expensive (he plays guitar as well). 2, you still won't own any of the guitars you mentioned just something that kinda looks like one. it won't play or sound anything like a "real" one. stop kidding yourself.
Quote by COBHC912
when i bought the guitar, i used to chat with the seller a lot! he said he has a factory, so i have also changed the bridge and the some other minor stuffs .

i think u can get a fixed bridge as well! chat with the seller in details! dont rush !

all the best!!

So you mean that I can order something like "KUSDOM SHOB"?
Seriously, I've met some people who said they have their own factory.
How do you think, can some people make me a Jason Becker Signature with neck-through (some people think it's ugly, but I don't) for 370$ or less?
Misha

Quote by monwobobbo
2 things. 1, no one in china is ordering guitars like that from the US to turn around and ship them back that's just plain stupid. the shipping costs alone woul;d be more than what they are asking for the guitar. my brother lives in beijing (teaches english) and has told me flat out that those kinds of guitars just plain aren't available in china as they are way to expensive (he plays guitar as well). 2, you still won't own any of the guitars you mentioned just something that kinda looks like one. it won't play or sound anything like a "real" one. stop kidding yourself.

Of course I know these guitars won't play as real ones, I just love the looks. I already have a good guitar for gigs and even recordings. For example, I wouldn't buy a genuine Fender YJM strat to try a scalloped neck, I'd rather buy a chinese copy to see if I like single-coils, vintage tremolo and scalloped necks and so on.
PS : I can even tell my frieds I have a 3000$ guitar (I bet they won't see the difference) and they'll envy me! Just kidding
Misha

the way i made it is, i showed them the picture of the guitar, then they said , yes they can make it, then we go on to the price details. it was nearly 400$ for the custom one. where i can get the normal guitars within 200 or 300$.

but don't get too cheap ones (180 - 200) , try to spend it a little bit more , to get the decent ones. my guitar was 360$ include shipment.

but brother honestly saying one thing. you wont get the exact pickup you may need. thats the thing you may have to replace later on .

the only disappointment is about the pickups.

overall i think its a huge advantage for those (like me) who dont wana spend 4k on a guitar, but can still have their own custom guitars.
Last edited by COBHC912 at Mar 31, 2011,
Quote by terribleguitar

PS : I can even tell my frieds I have a 3000$ guitar (I bet they won't see the difference) and they'll envy me! Just kidding

hehe ,yep thats very true lol . very hard to find the differences for the average players .
Quote by COBHC912

but brother honestly saying one thing. you wont get the exact pickup you may need. thats the thing you may have to replace later on .

the only disappointment is about the pickups.

overall i think its a huge advantage for those (like me) who dont wana spend 4k on a guitar, but can still have their own custom guitars.

Thank you for advice, also I've heard that their tuners are just awful.
Maybe they make custom guitars a little better than their standard guitars?

hehe ,yep thats very true lol . very hard to find the differences for the average players .

Btw, I am a terrible and untalented guitar player, but I've read about different guitars SO much that everyone calls me a guitar expert and I know much more than most people at music shops in Moscow
Misha

you'r welcome !! yes its true, i have also read, some guitar players have received bad tuners, so i have reminded them a lot of time ,about the tuners ,volume/tone knobs before packing my parcel.

sometimes , it may took a little longer for the seller to arrange it, doesn't mean he is fake.
i ordered mine on a x'mas time, they were very busy with the parcels that time, so i received my one after the happy new year.
They aren't all that bad, I wouldn't buy one without being able to play on it though. If they do look good you can think of them as a fixer-upper

EDIT: James Hetfield was still playing acounterfeit Gibson explorer after Metallica were already making money, he retired it after the neck was snapped off for the second or third time I think.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Last edited by nitestick at Mar 31, 2011,
Quote by terribleguitar
Of course I know these guitars won't play as real ones, I just love the looks. I already have a good guitar for gigs and even recordings. For example, I wouldn't buy a genuine Fender YJM strat to try a scalloped neck, I'd rather buy a chinese copy to see if I like single-coils, vintage tremolo and scalloped necks and so on.

so let me get this straight you will use a cheap piece of shit to determine if you like certain features
Quote by monwobobbo
so let me get this straight you will use a cheap piece of shit to determine if you like certain features

Yes, you are right! I won't buy another FR guitar with 2 humbuckers because i already have one. I want something completely different. I asked the seller for some photos, and I found the scalloped neck was looking neat and nice. So, why not to try it? Maybe I'll find scalloped necks great and sell my current guitar to buy a real YJM strat!

PS : all fake guitars are Hetfield-approved, if you didn't know
Misha

Last edited by terribleguitar at Mar 31, 2011,
Quote by terribleguitar
Yes, you are right! I won't buy another FR guitar with 2 humbuckers because i already have one. I want something completely different. I asked the seller for some photos, and I found the scalloped neck was looking neat and nice. So, why not to try it? Maybe I'll find scalloped necks great and sell my current guitar to buy a real YJM strat!

PS : all fake guitars are Hetfield-approved, if you didn't know

if you think that the pix were of the guitar you will get think again. how about going to a shop and trying out a YJM strat to see if you like it. scalloped necks require precise frets to work properly and you aren't gonna get that from a cheap copy. you seem to be hung up on looks instead of what counts, playability and tone. i see you are young but that doesn't neam you are required to be stupid as well.

by the way James Hetfield's V was not a fake in the same way that you are looking at. the V was a Cort that someone had replaced the truss rod cover with a gibson one. james was just stupid and didn't realize it wasn't a gibson.
Quote by monwobobbo
if you think that the pix were of the guitar you will get think again. how about going to a shop and trying out a YJM strat to see if you like it. scalloped necks require precise frets to work properly and you aren't gonna get that from a cheap copy. you seem to be hung up on looks instead of what counts, playability and tone. i see you are young but that doesn't neam you are required to be stupid as well.

by the way James Hetfield's V was not a fake in the same way that you are looking at. the V was a Cort that someone had replaced the truss rod cover with a gibson one. james was just stupid and didn't realize it wasn't a gibson.

Maybe you're right, but in Moscow I can resell any of these guiars for 120% of their cost.
Lots of people can sell them twice as expensive here, and I've met people who can't tell any difference between a les paul and a strat and are only keen on looks!
Misha

Quote by terribleguitar
Maybe you're right, but in Moscow I can resell any of these guiars for 120% of their cost.
Lots of people can sell them twice as expensive here, and I've met people who can't tell any difference between a les paul and a strat and are only keen on looks!

so you are going to screw people, what a guy . sorry but that isn't very cool.
Those guitars are nothing more then shit. If you buy one you are a fool.
Quote by monwobobbo
so you are going to screw people, what a guy . sorry but that isn't very cool.

I know it isn't. I am not goint so say its "real very rare model", because I've noticed a guy who tried to sell a 150$ fake for 500$, and I told everyone that this guitar is fake, so I have "good Karma" (sorry, no proof link ) I will just mention that the guitar I'm selling is not real!
Misha

Quote by FullDistortion
He's not ordering anything from the U.S. that's for sure. The fact that this guy is consistently lying to you is reason enough not to buy from him. That isn't to say there is anything wrong with the guitar. It might be a perfectly nice copy, but this guy, as you've said, does not deserve your trust and certainly does not deserve your business.

If he's lying to you so much now what is he going to tell you in six months when he's spent your money but you don't have your guitar yet?

I totally agree because i also purchase replica of Jackson SL2H USA Soloist, its sounds cool and sonic response and feel, upper fret access is good too. no complaints. Its very important to buy a guitar from a trusted seller.
James SmithGuitarist
Quote by jamessmith
I totally agree because i also purchase replica of Jackson SL2H USA Soloist, its sounds cool and sonic response and feel, upper fret access is good too. no complaints. Its very important to buy a guitar from a trusted seller.

Lol, I've seen these metallic and flamed top fakes of soloists! Too expensive for me!
Misha

That YJM guitar isn't a fake in the slightest. No where does it mention being a Fender, or any brand. He's just selling it as a guitar that looks like YJM. Not only that, but he's honestly cheap. Look at the specs, basswood body and maple neck with maple fingerboard for $140. It would be exactly like the cheap starter pack guitars you can buy at Target, without the amp.

I think that's interesting. He's not selling just fakes, he's also selling what appear to be legit copies.

Some of his guitars are fakes, but not all of them. He's even got a plexiglass JEM, without Ibanez on the headstock. However, he has a few fake Epiphone, Ibanez and PRS guitars.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Apr 14, 2011,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
That YJM guitar isn't a fake in the slightest. No where does it mention being a Fender, or any brand. He's just selling it as a guitar that looks like YJM. Not only that, but he's honestly cheap. Look at the specs, basswood body and maple neck with maple fingerboard for $140. It would be exactly like the cheap starter pack guitars you can buy at Target, without the amp.

I think that's interesting. He's not selling just fakes, he's also selling what appear to be legit copies.

Some of his guitars are fakes, but not all of them. He's even got a plexiglass JEM, without Ibanez on the headstock. However, he has a few fake Epiphone, Ibanez and PRS guitars.

That man photoshopped the logo, he sent me an unedited photo by e-mail, in which I saw a black "fender" logo. So I consider it as a fake
Misha