Okay so I basically laid in bed for about 5 hours, and didn't sleep at all the entire time.
I kinda of laid in a meditation pose.
(On my back, hands comfortably on thighs, with my arms beside me if that makes sense) and I just focused on breathing slowly, and just focus on that.

So after a while, my legs from thighs and down were somewhat numb, and my arms from about biceps down were somewhat numb as well. They became increasingly more numb as my body went into a deeper sleep? but my mind was still awake. The numbness also traveled to my whole body once in a while, but died back down to just my arms and legs again.

I don't quite know what this was. I know I wouldn't be able to sleep that good tonight because I took 40mg of Adderall at 4pm. (Usually just take 10mg at 9am daily for ADD/ADHD) So that probably kept my mind up.

NOTE: I am 99% sure it wasn't sleep paralysis, because though my legs and arms were numb, I could still move them if I tried.

Basically, what just happened?
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Rohypnol......you got raped my friend
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Drugs. Only explanation. I'm worried for you, TS.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
It is self-hypnosis. Congratulations
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by magnus_maximus
When you meditate, a bit of the brain called the pariaital lobe shuts down, giving you a feeling of losing "yourself" and losing an element of feeling about your person. Normal.

If I meditated for that five hours, is it basically the same or similar to sleeping? Cause I didn't get any sleep tonight, yet I feel pretty good.

Quote by seeneyj
It is self-hypnosis. Congratulations

Explain please?
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
No, it wasn't Lucid Dreaming, I've LD'd before, and this isn't what it was like.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13
No, it wasn't Lucid Dreaming, I've LD'd before, and this isn't what it was like.

Once again. I bring you the drug theory.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
Can anybody on here sleep normally, then?

Define normal sleeping?

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
I've always thought that this is what meditation is like. I've tried meditation a few times, in the same position you described, but only once did I get a relaxed feeling. I actually felt so relaxed I felt as if I started melting through the bed, and my head felt like it was falling.
Quote by Gorelord666
Define normal sleeping?

Sleep that doesn't involve varying states of paralysis, really. Seems like the in-thing at the moment. Might even lick some frogs, see where it takes me.
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
Sleep that doesn't involve varying states of paralysis, really. Seems like the in-thing at the moment. Might even lick some frogs, see where it takes me.

In that case. The only time I ever sleep "normally" is when I don't have school the next day.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by jayx124
usually numbness is a result of blood not reaching the limb so may it was due to your resting posture which may have pressed on the arteries.

My arteries were fine. There was no pressure on my legs or arms.

But okay, I'll just accept it as meditation.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Dude, don't be on any kind of sh*t when you're going to bed unless it's MADE for sleeping

(...or alcohol)

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I often reach a similar state just when I'm about to fall asleep. It usually lasts only a couple of seconds, but I guess you could make it last longer.
Jbab
Quote by '93
amazing...you sir deserve a lol stack

Quote by jbab
I often reach a similar state just when I'm about to fall asleep. It usually lasts only a couple of seconds, but I guess you could make it last longer.

I certainly make it last longer. I made it last 5 hours+
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13

WILD. Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming, you're awake but your body thinks you're asleep.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Snowman388
WILD. Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming, you're awake but your body thinks you're asleep.

Yes, but I would go into a dream correct? I didn't dream at all. I just was conscious and kinda laid there for 5 hours.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13
I certainly make it last longer. I made it last 5 hours+

Haha well I love being in that state, it's very calming!
Jbab
Quote by '93
amazing...you sir deserve a lol stack