I purchased a PRS custom 24 with 57/08's about 2 years back.

I love the sound the 57/08's make, but they just do not suit the style i play (I play in an edgier heavier progressive rock band - Think coheed and cambria)

I played my Ibanez that had stock Infinity pickups the other day becuase my PRS was in the shop and our entire band noticed a HUGE positive difference in sound - my guitar cut through the mix and had more "body" and "edge" . The stock 57/08s are just too low of an output.

Anyways, I don't know sheeat about pickups besides the basics and am looking for "bolder" "hotter" pickups that still retain a decent clean sound.

Some I have been looking at:
PRS tremonti Pickups
PRS HFS pickups
Dimarzio De-activators

Sound I am looking for:
Edgier, Bolder Sound, more attack
Still Retain a decent clean sound

budget is unlimited.
Current Gear

Bogner Uberschall
Mesa Dual Rectifier (Old Version)
Orange Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's
PRS Custom 24 Top 10 with 57/08 pickups
Schecter Hellraiser
Breedlove Atlas AD20
A bunch of pedals
Depends on how much gain you need, if you want heavy but maintaining that vintage tone, i'd recommend the PAF series by Dimarzio, or the JB/59' set by Seymour Duncan
they are both sets that have decently high output, and maintain quality cleans.
Last piece of advice I can give you is to visit the Dimarzio website, listen to the soundbites of all the different pickups and make you pick
Hope I was helpful
why paul put vintage type pups in a modern 24 fret guitar is beyond me.

my custom 24 has the HFS/Bass pups and i'm crazy about them.

they are a bit hotter than the nailbombz in my mccarty. and have more highs generally speaking.

they sound like exactly what you are looking for.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Dimarzio all the way. The D-activators are nice. I've put a Dimarzio Super 3 in the bridge of my Jackson. BEAUTIFUL.
Quote by gregs1020
why paul put vintage type pups in a modern 24 fret guitar is beyond me.

my custom 24 has the HFS/Bass pups and i'm crazy about them.

they are a bit hotter than the nailbombz in my mccarty. and have more highs generally speaking.

they sound like exactly what you are looking for.

Yeah, they are pretty much exact replicas of the pickups used in the 1958 les Pauls. They actually purchased and used the EXACT same wire and wiring machine that was used (or so I was told). I mean, they sound absolutely stunning and sell for alot (Search 58/08 pickup it on ebay - they go for 400-500 for a set), but I need something with a little more "edge".

Yeah, I was thinking about the HFS pickups, I think they would work the best since they are both "scream" and are designed for PRS guitars.
Current Gear

Bogner Uberschall
Mesa Dual Rectifier (Old Version)
Orange Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's
PRS Custom 24 Top 10 with 57/08 pickups
Schecter Hellraiser
Breedlove Atlas AD20
A bunch of pedals
The tremonti pickups are extremely versatile. I'd recommend them to anyone. The bridge pickup is particularly hot for a passive as well.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5