I think I settled on getting the Bx5a's. I hear krk rp5 g2's lack a lot of the low end but moreso than than the bx5a's. Soooooooo looks like I'm gonna get the bx5a's. But 2 quick questions.

1. Do some people say that there is a constant hissing whenever these are on? I've read that in a couple reviews but...like really?

2. I know I can connect these to my toneport ux1 obviously. But can I connect them to a tv or just straight into the computer so I can just listen to music from a laptop through them without having to plugin my interface and everything?
The constant hiss is a grounding issue in those people's studios. Personally I do not like the BX5A's at all, which is why I went KRK.

As for using them as just speakers, you would have to have a unit (TV etc) with a balanced line out on it to use them properly.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Yea I'm actually rethinking about the bx5a's. If i were to cough up the cash to get krks what would be better for me (broke college kid in small rooms), rp5 g2 or rp6 g2? I've heard that rp6 g2's in small rooms are too bassy and the bass is kind of "pillowey"??? And i hear that the bass on the rp5's is tighter. I record pop punk/hardcore music like Four year strong, set your goals, a LITTLE bit of A day to remember sounding stuff. I will never record hip hop/electronic/dubstep kinda stuff. just a pop punk kid. Rp5's or rp6's?
I've listened to the KRKs and BX5a's side by side. The KRKs won hand down
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
I've listened to the KRKs and BX5a's side by side. The KRKs won hand down

Yea that's kinda what im thinking now...ill just have to cough up the cash... but for dorm room use, rp5 or rp6? And for only pop punk/hardcore. No music with especially heavy bass
I really like my RP5's for my dorm room. Given, I am moving to a house in the fall...but for now in my dorm room, the RP5's are PERFECT. I record only hardcore/metalcore and heavier stuff and the low end response is pretty spot on.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.