I know this question has been asked many times, but there seems to be too many variables in choosing, and I couldn't find anyone asking this question in my particular situation.

Here's the deal: I'm expanding my musical horizons, and many of the bands I listen to play in Drop B, A#, and A. I currently have a PRS SE Custom 22 tuned to standard E with GHS Top Heavy Boomers (10-52's) that I can do E standard to Drop C on with no problem. So here I am, looking for a second guitar that I can do the lower tunings on, and I found a good deal on another PRS SE Custom 24 Trem (25" scale). I know this guitar can handle thick strings that allow lower tunings, but I'm having trouble deciding which set: the .60s of the .70s (I've had both recommended).

As I said: I want the guitar set to Drop B, but able to tune down to Drop A.

Thanks so much!
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
To comfortably play you're gunna want a 12-56 or a 13-56 at least. As far as 60's and 70's go, dont get the Zak 10-60(or70) packs. The tops are too light to play that low. Try to get a 13 on the top.

(I play all these tunings and have found out the hard way lul)
Quote by xSacrilegex
To comfortably play you're gunna want a 12-56 or a 13-56 at least. As far as 60's and 70's go, dont get the Zak 10-60(or70) packs. The tops are too light to play that low. Try to get a 13 on the top.

(I play all these tunings and have found out the hard way lul)

Thanks, man! I've had a 13-56 pack lying around for a while, and now they have a use!
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay