A guy near me is selling this rather unknown Teisco guitar.
What he knows is: it's made in Japan, it's from the 70's and he's seen the same guitar with an Apollo logo on the headstock.

http://muusikoiden.net/dyn/tori/509388.jpg?1301433818

He's selling for about 180$.
Are these old Teiscos worth it?
I really want one and I'd love to get some single-coil action.
Oi! Me dog Sally needs to drop:

|-4---|
|-5---|
depends on why you want it ..
Teisco guitars were made and sold for chain stores
In the US they were sold at department stores like sears and Kmart
Personally, I wouldn't touch the thing with a ten-foot pole, and save for at minimum, a Squier. If you simply must have the guitar, negotiate him down. Haggling is half the fun of buying a new guitar.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
if poor action and potentially microphonic pickups sound go0d to you then get it. although on paper they are collectible $180 is way to much. these were the kind of guitars that folks like me stated off on back in the 70s and it's a wonder that anybody went on to play as they really suck.
Right, maybe I should just get a Squier Tele'

I already have a couple of guitars but for some reason this kind of a beater guitar appeals to me.
Oi! Me dog Sally needs to drop:

|-4---|
|-5---|
Quote by Eddy~
Right, maybe I should just get a Squier Tele'

I already have a couple of guitars but for some reason this kind of a beater guitar appeals to me.

if it were $50 at a garage sale then maybe but for $180 you might as well find a better beater. the Ion strat my wife bought me at a garage sale last year is way better than the teisco (she paid $15 and it came with a total crap amp as well.)