I found a jaguar bass in red with the matching headstock, year 09 and made in japan u belive for $450. It seems like a good deal because from what I can find they go normally for upwards of $600. I'm wondering though because all the rbiews I can find either say it's great or horrible. Does anyone have any experience with these basses? Have been playing guitar for 5 years and iv been looking at buying a bass for a while, is this a good choice?
I've played 2 of them and they were both good basses, they have a nice neck on them and they are decently balanced on the strap. The second one I played had some pickup hum but it may have been a bad amplifier. I would buy it if I was you.
Get it. Even if it's not good, you can probably eBay it for $500+ and make some money off of it. Best case scenario, you get a great bass; worst case is you make $50 when it's all over.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by jesus=dinosaur
I'm setting up a time tonite to go and see it, is there anything to be sure I check? I think the pickups are active how do I check those?

$450 is a pretty good deal.

The Jag basses have a ton of switches and knobs on them, and unfortunatly, they are suseptable to breaking. Almost everyone i know that regularly gigs a Jaguar bass has taped the upper switches down so that they don't alter while playing.

Here's a decent review. Pay attention to what the switches do and remember it when you test yours: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNoq9pFfIQU
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by Din of Win
$450 is a pretty good deal.

The Jag basses have a ton of switches and knobs on them, and unfortunatly, they are suseptable to breaking. Almost everyone i know that regularly gigs a Jaguar bass has taped the upper switches down so that they don't alter while playing.

Here's a decent review. Pay attention to what the switches do and remember it when you test yours: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNoq9pFfIQU

thanks for the video, that will probably be helpful, i think the meeting is going t have to be postponed until friday though, im going to keep doing some research up until then though