I'm looking for some new music, I was hoping you guys could help me out.
I listen to a lot of stuff, everything from Bjork to Miles Davis to Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn to Daft Punk and Aphex Twin to Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath to The Smiths and Jeff Buckley to Oren Ambarchi and Pita and Fennesz, Wu- Tang Clan, Bassnectar, The Pixies, The 88, The Clash...

I mean it's pretty wide, but I do feel there's a common connection between these bands in the form of emotional content and integrity

So hopefully you guys can point me to some new, cool music

EDIT: I just need to hold out for new material from RHCP, the mars volta and my morning jacket
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Last edited by TDKshorty at Mar 30, 2011,
Quote by KevinFreund
Joe Bonamassa. He is incredible; a true talent. You may thank me later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiw1XAb8G9A

:X I'm sorry, I didn't really feel it, but I'll check out some more of his stuff
His voice does take getting used to I'll admit. But his guitar work is simply flawless. Try Ballad of John Henry or Stop. Both are great songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
Stop is really good, dude, Thanks!
Modest Mouse, The Exploding Hearts, The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble.

Tell me what you think of those and I'll go from there.
some days it takes three cups of tea and a mountain dew to wake up,
the following nights the stars are always far too bright
and there is a certain trance evoked by the moonlight
"such is life"
I love modest mouse and those two other ands are pretty good
If you like the Pixies, check out Kim Deal's other bands: The Breeders and The Amps. Both are really good. The Amps album is my all time favorite album.
THE BEATLES is a perfect one to listen to. And if you think all they did was play pop music in suits....... You don't know SHTI!!!
HARE KRISHNA!
Quote by JammerZice
THE BEATLES is a perfect one to listen to. And if you think all they did was play pop music in suits....... You don't know SHTI!!!

Fuck off.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Venetian Snares.
Devil Doll (the Italian one)
The Pallbearers
Witchcraft (Sweden)
Office of Strategic Influence, or OSI
Rome
Carbon Based Lifeforms
Bohren & Der Club of Gore
Heroin and Your Veins
Bulbous Creation
Blue Cheer

have fun

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Republica
Blur
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
I strongly suggest you listen to some Beatles. I mean look at all the genres they did.

Helter Skelter - Heavy Metal
Ob-la-de Ob-la-da - Raggae/Ska
I feel fine - Pop
Lucy in the sky with diamonds - Psychedlic
Being for the benefit of Mr. Kite - Circus music
Within you without you - Indian Sitar music
Bunglow Bill - Folk
She's leaving home - Classical
Sgt. Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band - Rock
Honey Pie - Swing Jazz
Back in the U.S.S.R. - Surf music
Yer blues - Blues
Good night - Lullaby
She said, She said - Acid
Got to get you into my life - Soul
What goes on - Country
Save the last dance for me - R&B
Polythene Pam - Kids super hero cartoon theme song
HARE KRISHNA!
I already listen to the Beatles.

I really like Add N to (X) but aside from the Venetian snares, I didn't really get into any of th other bands

But I'm not really into metal
Add N To X are one of the most laughable bands I've ever heard. I bought a CD of theirs years ago in a second hand section for next to nothing, just because the artwork was a woman giving birth to a synthesizer via cesarian section (or something like that), and it was so, so bad.
Quote by asator
Add N To X are one of the most laughable bands I've ever heard. I bought a CD of theirs years ago in a second hand section for next to nothing, just because the artwork was a woman giving birth to a synthesizer via cesarian section (or something like that), and it was so, so bad.

hahaha On the Wires of Our Nerves
The Subways - Rock and Roll Queen
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by hamett91
hahaha On the Wires of Our Nerves

Yeah. Just awful.
Quote by crispykids
The Mahavishnu Orchestra

that's some good stuff man, I haven't listened to them alot, but I like the cd they did with John Mclaughlin ha!

I would listen to them more but I just feel the Mars Volta so much more :X lol
Here's a bit of a long list, you're most likely listened to a few of these bands: the kinks, david bowie, velvet underground, yardbirds, t. rex, turquoise, the zombies, the merry-go-round, the flamin' groovies, the bubble puppy, tuesday, the soft boys, the reivers, garden odyssey enterprise, fairfield parlour, winterpills, vanity fare, the 23rd turnoff, spooky tooth, the koobas, harry chapin, the grodes, west coast pop art experimental band, gerry rafferty, the beau brummels, the left banke, the easybeats, moby grape
oh, forgot about a few: strawberry alarm clock, the crazy world of arthur brown, and the chocolate watchband
Quote by TDKshorty
that's some good stuff man, I haven't listened to them alot, but I like the cd they did with John Mclaughlin ha!

I would listen to them more but I just feel the Mars Volta so much more :X lol

Absolutely dude The Mars Volta are one of the greatest on Earth. Also if you like music that is "out there" try out this band called "Animals as Leaders"
Quote by BreakingBass
Here are my top three bands and some of my favorite songs from each. On the heavier side, but definitely not metal. Let me know what you think!

Skillet - Rebirthing
Breaking Benjamin - Breath
Three Days Grace - Never Too Late

not sure if troll...
Quote by Roflpwn
not sure if troll...

The man wants some new bands, he doesn't have to love them, just throwing them out there.