Here's the formal details first:

Budget: $500-$700. $750 MAX.
Current Gear: SG w/ D-Activator X's, Line 6 Flextone, Strat w/ 57/62 pick up set, wah, digital delay,various mics

Willing to go used

I'm looking for a new amp for recording, and playing with others. Needs to be loud enough to be heard over a drummer. I mostly play heavier styles, but do need a good amount of versatility (shit cleans would be a deal breaker). Think Protest the Hero and In Flames meet Fall of Troy and Explosions in the Sky. So, metal leaning metalcore with some layered delay on the clean bits.

I would prefer a head and 2X12 cab over a combo. No idea where to start, so give me your suggestions.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
The standard 6505+
-ltd mh-350fr
-ltd ec-401
-Ibanez RGA42FM
-peavey valveking 112
-line 6 spider iii 30 watt
-pedalz
If you prefer a quarter stack then you will probably have to sell the flextone.

A good 2x12 will cost roughly 400usd, then you have 250USD max, left over for an amp.

So, if you wanna keep your flextone, then I suggest saving your money, or getting a combo amp. And at that price, it's hard to say.

Peavey is the leader in decent metal combo amps it seems. The Peavey ultra, if found, is great on a budget when found used, but not sure how well it will cover the super heavy stuff, and not sure about the cleans.

Good luck
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
id say save around 400-500$ for a decent cab and 700-1300$ for a decent head. both will prolly have to be bought used too