I bought this guitar a few days ago and it's mainly going to be for playing SRV and blues, but since there's no tone pot, i cant escape that super trebly sound when playing higher than minimum volume on my vox.

I havent used the bridge humbucker even on coil split mode cause it's just way too trebly and lacks mids and bass.

Which GFS pickup should drop I in it so i dont have that horrible sound of the treble drowning everything out?

Im going to put a GFS Fatbody in the neck, but Im at a loss for a bridge pickup

help!

Would the fatbody neck pickup sound good in the bridge?
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Alnico-Fatbody-Oversized-Polepiece-Tele-Neck-Pickup_p_76.html
Something PAF-y, I guess. GFS makes a few like that actually - Alnico Fats, I think they're called. I don't think you could put the Fatbody neck pickup in the bridge...wrong rout or something.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Literally any vintage-voiced alnico II humbucker will do it. If you want the split to stay sounding good then go for a really, really overwound alnico V humbucker instead. Just bear in mind that that then might get a little muddy when not split.

What might be better for you is to replace the volume pot with a250k one. This will give you the same effect as if a 500k tone pot was added but kept at full. Most humbuckers are made under the assumption that they'll be running through at least two 500k pots whereas the Squier 51 only has one. So replacing the one 500k pot with a 250k pot balances that out. It will also make the neck single coil sound as it should do too. I don't know why Squier made 51s with 500k pots at all, they should have been given 250k pots from the start. But there you have it.

Alternatively you could replace the 3-way switch with a regular tone control and then use the push-pull pot to handle pickup selection, as George Lynch does. It would mean losing the coil split and the ability to have both pickups at once though. If you really wanted a tone control though then that'd be the way to go.
thanks for the tip on the tone pots grohl

and for the bridge pickup, I decided I wanted to go with as much of a strat sound as i could, so im going to order one of these, But I never found the bridge pickup usable for my tastes cause I hate the way they sound clean and slightly driven, and I also use a lot of treble.

Would I be better off dropping a humbucker sized P90 neck pickup or something in there?

Mostly, I'm going for a SRV type of tone. As far as i could get with 2 pickups anyway
Which would be better as a bridge pickup for less treble, and more low-mids?
the mean 90, dream 90, dream 180, or a vintage 59?
Im new to choosing pickups for certain tones, as you can tell
I don't have any pickup recommendations except that I like your idea of using a hum-sized P90 at the bridge, but I don't know why you'd want it to be a neck pickup...?

Anyways, regarding the tone control- I've seen plenty of modded '51s that had the rotary pickup selector swapped for a tone pot and with a 3-way toggle switch in an extra hole drilled in between the two knobs. Shouldn't be too difficult with a centre punch and a step drill bit.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Anyways, regarding the tone control- I've seen plenty of modded '51s that had the rotary pickup selector swapped for a tone pot and with a 3-way toggle switch in an extra hole drilled in between the two knobs. Shouldn't be too difficult with a centre punch and a step drill bit.

That's what I would do before swapping out pups. It might very well give you what you are after; and, if not, then you still have a more conventional control layout for new pups.