Hi guys

I have just seen the nominations for the revolver awards 2011 and they all seem completely random. For example, for the drum section they seem to have just picked a list of random drummers, and the same for the other instruments.

And then a lo of the other instruments seem to be the same artists every year, like Iron Maiden for example.

I went to the Golden Gods in 2009 and that was very much the same.

When awards come around for films, TV, charities and the Nobel Peace Price they are all judged on what has been done recently, or just with in the last year.

But for music it always just seems to be artists they have heard of. As a result the same bands are winning every thing every year.

What do you guys all think about the matter?
That doesn't sound random to me. Screwed up maybe, but not random. I hate awards shows anyway...
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Yeah, for Revolver, it's about the same people every year. There's always A7X and Iron Maiden and Megadeth and all that jazz. I'm currently voting for the Metal Hammer Golden Gods (weird that they're two different things but have the same name...) and it seems to be A LOT more balanced.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
I don't find them anywhere near as random as this thread appearing in MT...

reported so it can be moved somewhere more suitable.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Bands and artists looks pretty good to me...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

...MT is where people talk about music theory, I'm sure one of the MT mods will move it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com