Hey guys, whats up:

SET UP:
Epiphone LP Standard w/ Stock Pickups
Line 6 Spider 4 15w
Digitech rp355

RANDOM INFO:
Genre: Hard Rock, Blues, (some) Metal
Budget: 750$ (850$, but my preferance is 750$)
City: Louisville KY USA
Future Interest: Roland GR-55 Synthesizer, A good amp, a nice set of pickups that will play Hard Rock/Metal/Blues, Better Guitar
Favorite Musicians/Bands: Carlos Santana, The Eagles, Randy Rhoades, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eric Clapton, Ray Charles, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin...etc. the list goes on

I've been looking into Bugeras (i was told by several musicians at the store i work at to look into them...namely the Bugera 333xl-212). I've also looked into Carvins, Orange, Blackstar, Crate, Fender....and a slew of other random amps, but havnt found the right sound i've been craving...

Im looking for an amp that will give a good tone, more of a mix of Carlos Santana with Led Zeppelin...because those are two of my favorite performers...I know its a sort of a bad thing to copy other musicians tones/styles, but those are honestly the types of music i enjoy playing, it IS my style...but alas, i need an amp that will fit that style

As mentioned above i would prefer to keep the budget under 850$ but i will go up to 950$ if one of you recommend an amp that blows me away.

I know that the best way to find "your perfect amp" is to go out and play them at a music store or something, and thats why im going to town in the next month or so and trying some out, but i just want to hear some good, unbiased, no bullsh*t reviews and recommendations based off the info i previously gave...

THANKS guys, as always you guys rock!
Look into the Fender Hot Rod Deville I think it would be a great choice and it's in your price range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
a marshall JCM series would fit what you want.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by KevinFreund
Look into the Fender Hot Rod Deville I think it would be a great choice and it's in your price range.

I have a friend that has 2 Hot Rod Devilles 4x10. He gets some awesome tones out of it. But he could probably get great tones from a Line 6 Spider.

A Fender is probably your best bet. Maybe a Fender Bassman. They can be found used on Craigslist for under $400. I've seen the 50 and 100 watt Bassman heads for $250 - $300.
Or you can get an AC30 and an Overdrive pedal. Or 2. Or 3.

I have an AC30 myself. Best amp I have ever owned. I paid $900 ($1000 with shipping) brand new. Used you might be able to get one for $600 or so.
Although most everyone here that knows me, knows that I suggest AC30s often.
I'm in love with my amp.

Overdrive pedals I have are Ibanez TS-808, Ibanez TS9DX, and a Zvex Box Of Rock. All great OD pedals IMO.
I can get some really good Classic Rock sounds out of that setup.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Mar 30, 2011,
^ I was gonna suggest an AC30 too I played one last week when I was amp hunting and thought it was great, very Zeppelin tone though I don't know how well they would do Metallica
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ