Basically I wanna know what wood/glue/nails/screws/bolts/gold-fish etc that would be needed to convert a peavey 6505 combo to a cab.

Now I dont intend to destroy the original enclosure so the option to go back to a combo would still be there.

I just wanna know what type/thickness of wood I'l need.

What glue would be best?

What nails/screws/bolts would be useful?

I may even put some crazy purple fur on it instead of standard tolex...

So yeah.

HELP ME!!!!

P.S. Im in England, so English prices/retailers please haha
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Ummm.... what exactly is your plan here? If you still want to be able to use it as a combo sometimes just get and external speaker jack. Otherwise I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Taking the amp out, putting it in it's own enclosure, thus making it into a head.
Pretty simple really :P
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

I think so...
Birch ply is the best for cabs but any plywood is good. You'll need around 1/2" thick stuff. Keep in mind that you'll have to keep the wiring configuration for the speakers the same when converting them to be used with a jack, otherwise you may change the impedence and this isn't good for your amp. Any decent long wood-screws are good, i'd suggest titebond glue but you can use any standard white wood glue.
Cool, cool.

I'l wander down to B&Q over the weekend and see what I can pick up.

I read somewhere to tube heads need to have a vent or something??

This true?
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...
Yeah it'll probably help, the tubes can heat up the air in there enough to heat the glue, specially if you've got monster tubes like KT66s. Probably not that much of a threat but probably a risk not to take.
Yeah. Il put a decent vent on the top and/or sides for decent airing I reckon.
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...