I'm quite an experienced rythmn guitarist. But my lead skills have always been quite lacking. I'm looking to soon get to a point where I can play some basic Metallica solos. What's the best way to do this?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I think I've tampered with or broke my Korg AX3000G multi effect. There were settings in tune mode, and I played and saved, and now, I suspect I may have altered it.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by treborillusion
I think I've tampered with or broke my Korg AX3000G multi effect. There were settings in tune mode, and I played and saved, and now, I suspect I may have altered it.

Urm..

If you have GuitarPro (or the free alternative- TuxGuitar) a great way is to download the Gpro tabs from here and change the tempo to make the solos slower. Memorise them and play through at the slower tempos, then bring them back up to the original speed!

Also, whenever you come across something you find really hard- make it into an excercise!
honestly try to learn the intro solo on fade to black and the solo from enter sandman, both of these are kind of easy and I think each of them only took me about a week to learn when I first started playing lead, which was about one year into playing.....
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.