View poll results: whats best
be independent man, friends bring you down
3 7%
do whatever you're feelin at the time
32 73%
dude never leave your friends man
9 20%
Voters: 44.
Lately I've been getting this stronger and stronger feeling that everyone is just bringing me down, and life is better when you're by yourself. And I do enjoy time by myself. I'm a little scared that I'll go my own way, and never want to see any of my friends ever again.

I guess I don't know where to draw the line between being an independent thinker working alone and having lots of friends to have fun with...
Yeah. It's pretty decent.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

People CAN be annoying, so just chill by yourself until you feel like being with other people. You'll eventually get bored lolollol then you'll go see your friends again. Just dont start Minecraft, that shite WILL get you hooked.

Minecraft: NOT EVEN ONCE
Don't do it. Take it from me. I just got pissed off at everything and everyone (society as a whole) and decided to isolate myself as much as possible. I have around 3 or 4 people I talk to anymore, and it sucks pretty hard. I'm an independent person, but I don't want to be a loner
Quote by italiarlz135
People CAN be annoying, so just chill by yourself until you feel like being with other people. You'll eventually get bored lolollol then you'll go see your friends again. Just dont start Minecraft, that shite WILL get you hooked.

You missed the UG Minecraft golden age...

I'm getting my first UG nostalgia trip.
Oh man, I could write you a damn thesis on this if you pushed me. To cut a long story short, from personal experience, distance yourself too much from others and you will find it hard to find closeness ever again.

When I was a kid, my family moved house a couple of times. The first few times were spaced out by a couple of years, but then when I hit 13 we moved to a different country. After that we moved about 5 times in 6 years. Each of those times I lost a set of friends I had worked hard to make. And time I lost a little piece of the will to make more friends. Because what's the point, if you're just going to move away and lose them, right? So I distanced myself from other people, in order to not get hurt again. Now I am a bitter and awkward person, afraid of social contact yet yearning for it inside. It's cause a 3 year depression and probably lasting self-esteem issues. Don't do it.

And yes, I realise I have begun a sentence with "because" and "and". Blow me, grammar nazis.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by italiarlz135

Not if like me you bought it, it worked for an hour then wouldn't load and your emails are ignored by the guy who made the game and the guys "unofficial" tech support.
Bitter? meh.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by entity0009
Oh man, I could write you a damn thesis on this if you pushed me. To cut a long story short, from personal experience, distance yourself too much from others and you will find it hard to find closeness ever again.

When I was a kid, my family moved house a couple of times. The first few times were spaced out by a couple of years, but then when I hit 13 we moved to a different country. After that we moved about 5 times in 6 years. Each of those times I lost a set of friends I had worked hard to make. And time I lost a little piece of the will to make more friends. Because what's the point, if you're just going to move away and lose them, right? So I distanced myself from other people, in order to not get hurt again. Now I am a bitter and awkward person, afraid of social contact yet yearning for it inside. It's cause a 3 year depression and probably lasting self-esteem issues. Don't do it.

And yes, I realise I have begun a sentence with "because" and "and". Blow me, grammar nazis.

but how can you ever find yourself, if you base yourself on other people all the time? Like when I came home from college and started hanging out with my family for the summer, I realized some of the things I used to do were just plain stupid. I just don't know what's right, I guess.... I do enjoy hanging out with friends, almost too much, and then I stop doing homework, stay up late, blow off responsibilities... then i regret it and feel kind of bad about it, like i've lost myself... so i just don't hang out with people for a while, and get my life back in order... and then i end up going back to hanging out with people, it's like a cycle
A little bit of alone time can be good, but don't go overboard and cut yourself off entirely.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by geetarguy13
Lately I've been getting this stronger and stronger feeling that everyone is just bringing me down, and life is better when you're by yourself. And I do enjoy time by myself. I'm a little scared that I'll go my own way, and never want to see any of my friends ever again.

I guess I don't know where to draw the line between being an independent thinker working alone and having lots of friends to have fun with...

"Would you choose supremecy, if it led to isolation?" - Oscar Wilde

..well actually that's from a song by In Flames, but anyhoo. Maybe you're the kinda guy who doesn't feel the need for friends, but it's always good to have associates. Lets face it, jamming alone is never as good as with other musicians.

Personally I'm happy to be at home with my guitars, maybe it's wierd but that's just what I enjoy. But of course, practising to be the best guitarist in the world is no good if you've got no-one to play with show off to
Quote by geetarguy13
but how can you ever find yourself, if you base yourself on other people all the time? Like when I came home from college and started hanging out with my family for the summer, I realized some of the things I used to do were just plain stupid. I just don't know what's right, I guess.... I do enjoy hanging out with friends, almost too much, and then I stop doing homework, stay up late, blow off responsibilities... then i regret it and feel kind of bad about it, like i've lost myself... so i just don't hang out with people for a while, and get my life back in order... and then i end up going back to hanging out with people, it's like a cycle

It's not a black or white thing. You can spend time with friends and then take time out. Don't plan out your weeks, because rigidity like that is rarely any use. But don't force yourself to hang out with people. If you have work to be done, or if you just don't feel like going out, stay at home. And regards to finding yourself: it's not necessarily a good thing.
🙈 🙉 🙊
its about a balance. I have maybe 2 or 3 people I hang out with on a regular basis anymore because I just can't stand a lot of people at uni (well that and all my engineering courses eating my time )

there are definitely times when I seek out certain people to have a chat, but most of the time I just keep to myself and have a good social outing about once a month or so.

of course this will probably all change once I turn 21 in a few months and can go to bars
I Like Green!
This is ironic because i always out going and never at home when i was younger (11-17) and i couldn't wait to become 18 and go out raves, clubs pubs etc.. legally instead having to sort it all before hand lol.

Im now 19 and have never felt so alone in my life.
My social life died when i lost my girlfriend and job, and then my friends slowly distanced due to work and girlfriends. I have no one now aside from my family, well I have other friends but they live at my old area and rarely come out.

Ive just adapted to being alone though sucks so bad.

But to the point, I Know how your feeling man.
Yeah man, It's a good feeling I think
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
being by yourself is fine

if you're lonely when you're alone, it just means you're keeping bad company
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by entity0009

This, entirely. I once had the same idea you did, TS. Consequences were never the same.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.