Page 1 of 2
ok i have a furman spb-8 and in one of the input jacks, a part of a cable broke off and i s locked in there! oyu see how at the end of the cable there is a black line, it broke from there and is locked in there! please help!
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Katsock
ok i have a furman spb-8 and in one of the input jacks, a part of a cable broke off and i s locked in there! oyu see how at the end of the cable there is a black line, it broke from there and is locked in there! please help!

How are you with a soldering iron? And what kind of jack is it?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
i odnt know what kind of jack it is, its a standard 1/4 inch jack, female,
and i can solder
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Glue. Super Glue or Gorilla Glue.

Put a dab on the part that came out, but not enough that would expand beyond the shaft when the two pieces are pressed together or if the glue expands as it sets.

Let the glue set.

Pull the jack out.
That definitely beats my idea (buy a new 1/4" female jack, crack open the board, pull out the soldering iron and get to work).
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Did that with a 1/8" av cable that my son snapped the tip off in one his toys.
theres nothing to latch onto to grab it, so i opened it up, and there were three metal flaps that where in each jack, the kind that lock it into place, i had to bend one of the a decent amount, and just lift the other one, but now one sticks up, so when i plugged everything back in , it didnt work like is should have,so i put tooth picks over them and a rubberband for pressure, and i hope it will bend it just enough to help. maybe im wrong idk, input would help. im furious
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Wait. What?

My understanding is that you broke off the tip off a male 1/4" TRS jack inside of a female input jack.

Then you went in and bent the tabs on the inside of the female input jack? Now it doesn't work right?

Well, you have bent the tabs... might as well look at soldering in a new jack now.

Is the jack PCB mounted?
It's just slightly bent. Idk what todo Now. I don't know how to explain what they look like
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Yea that's what I'm trying to do. And if it doesn't work I'm majorly screwed
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Can u? It's attatched to a circuit board and such
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
take a picture maybe? if the bending doesn't work
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣

second from the left
simple toothpick and rubberband to apply pressure. ideas? if thats all i touched should that be the only problem? and hwere can i get something to swap out
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
don't you mean the third from the left? the one in the middle? that is the on that looks like is being held down.

secondly, you are making it awfully difficult for us to understand what the problem is or what it is you are even talking about. I had to google it to figure out what the damn thing is (see below). For those that want to try to help in this emergency, this is a Pedal Board. It looks like the effects Send jack broke off the PCB and he needs to get it back on there. I recommend super glue

here is description off furman web site
http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?id=SPB-8

here is a picture of the unit
http://www.furmansound.com/new/images/highres/SPB-8.jpg
yea sorry for not givving the best explanation, its out now but it doest work right and idk why. when i put in a jack, the last metal thing(that there are three of, that make contact, to my beliefe) doesnt move at all, and im thinking thats it.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Lesson learned.

What you are looking for is a 1/4" phone jack.

I suggest contacting Furman for a direct replacement or sourcing one similar from somewhere else.

IIRC that is a stereo jack, and thus has 6 pins sticking through the PCB.
its still completely attached, i mean i could bewrong but im like 99% positive that nothing else is wrong with it besides that. im trying to make it make contact but i guess its failing.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
can anyone find out exactly which one it is? if i can find the exact one ill get that one
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Katsock
can anyone find out exactly which one it is? if i can find the exact one ill get that one

I linked you to it. They are a standard size. You have a standard, 6 connector plastic jack. The one I linked you to is $1.25 and will drop right in.
Quote by CECamps
http://www.tubesandmore.com/scripts/foxweb.dll/moreinfo@d:/dfs/elevclients/cemirror/ELEVATOR.FXP?item=S-H504

This one will work too, and has the threaded neck like the jack on your PCB.

there we go! thanks man! im jsut worried it wont fit in perfectl, but if it doesnt(like in the casing not on the board), do you think that would be a problem?
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Katsock
there we go! thanks man! im jsut worried it wont fit in perfectl, but if it doesnt(like in the casing not on the board), do you think that would be a problem?

It will fit just fine. Don't worry.
is it just like, set and place? and then solder of course haha
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Katsock
is it just like, set and place? and then solder of course haha

Unsolder the old jack, and the new jack drops right in. Solder the pins in place. Really quick and simple fix, nothing to worry about.

These are a standard size which means the body size and pin spacing are the same.

I have a wee bit of experience with these types of things.
also is this something i could find in store or no
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Katsock
also is this something i could find in store or no

These are hit or miss in Radio Shack stores. A lot of RS's are phasing out discrete components--and the ones that still carry them don't always carry everything. Worth a shot though.

Not having any idea what's near you in the way of independent electronics stores, I don't know where else to guide you.
oretty much radio shacks haha im in jersey. so they may be hit or miss but they do carry them? id prefer it asap i need it for saturday for a show at croc rock
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Katsock
oretty much radio shacks haha im in jersey. so they may be hit or miss but they do carry them? id prefer it asap i need it for saturday for a show at croc rock

Some Radio Shack's carry plastic 1/4" jacks and some don't. You just have to go check, it's the only way to know.
Quote by Katsock

You could always call and ask them?

PS: Are you typing from a cell phone?
Or if one of the other jacks is not being used he could swap that one out to get it going again...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You could always call and ask them?

PS: Are you typing from a cell phone?

One little bit of a warning here though: Most RS employees could tell you a lot about cell phones, GPS's, and mp3 players, but couldn't tell you the first thing about what's in their discrete component drawers. So calling and asking about specific components may or may not be the best idea.

However, you could call the stores near you and ask if they carry resistors, capacitors, relays, transistors, etc. and if they say yes, then you know that they at least carry discrete components and can go check it out with your own eyes. If they don't carry discrete components, you know to avoid that location.
Page 1 of 2