Hey guys
I was thinking about guitarists who play guitars that they shouldn't.

SOOO the question is:

Who are some guitarists you know that play guitars that really don't fit the music they play?
I know it shouldn't be about looks, but common, if your playing indie music with a BC Rich, we have an issue.

To start off, Ill point to Jim Root of Slipknot playing a tele....I mean come on! Whats worse is he has a signature model......
John 5 has a signature tele, whats your point? the tele is a versatile guitar. As long as you can play well it shouldn't matter what kind of guitar you play
Quote by MangoStarr
i think i love you
Quote by Moose_Guitarist

To start off, Ill point to Jim Root of Slipknot playing a tele....I mean come on! Whats worse is he has a signature model......

....Telecasters sound great with distortion, cough JOHN 5.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
The dude in Slipknot's issue isn't that he is playing a tele, it's that he is playing music in general. He should stop.
I'm an asshole.
pretty much that ^
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
^Agreed
I am not saying that it has anything to do with their playing.....I guess I should have titled it better. What I amnsaying is more of the *watch's guitarist playing* hummm....hes playing a tele, in a metal band....weird...I am thinking more along the lines of, what are some musicians that play guitars you would not expect them too.

As another example, the second guitarist og down was playing with a hollowbody at a Download, I think 08, I do not listen to metal....except for the very select bands, and I was suprised, but it sounded bad ass....
my mate played blues with an ibanez RG
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
i saw a commercial back a while for ax one night only concert. a dude in weezer was playing an explorer slung john petrucci high up. it was like >_0