Why hello mighty people of PIT!
I havent been on these forums in like 2 years so its a similar glorious feeling to when you find a glass of juice you thought you drank but turns out you didnt!
But yeaaas, I'm an upcoming Comedian in UK. Age 19...and a half. I gig as often as i can but i cant help notice loads of online comedians who make such wierd but oddly amusing video's. I post some vids of my gigs and guitar videos up there but im thinking of putting some more online based stuff up to try and build a more global fanbase.
I can play guitar, do LOADS of impressions, voices and everything but kinda stumped as to what kinda thing to do.

Any ideas?
Also thinking of merging my guitar playing with my stand up but not just yet.
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
When you say Demetri martin do you mean a routine to music? or perhaps parody songs or just original funny songs?
I noticed a vid called "Assassins creed brotherhood literal trailer" that i found interesting also
xxx

Quote by kwidjibo1
When you say Demetri martin do you mean a routine to music? or perhaps parody songs or just original funny songs?
I noticed a vid called "Assassins creed brotherhood literal trailer" that i found interesting also

That video is by Tobuscus he does lots of literal trailers and other comedy videos
To be honest im not a HUGE fan of either but i can see a way of doing it. My style is really different though, I'm basically a mix between Ricky Gervais and Jim Jeffries. I just go up as a miserable dick and rant about things, my last gig i did stuff on the tsunami and burkhas and it went down suprisingly well :P
May have to have an experiment with writing some songs though atleast for uni
xxx

Quote by CheesyRhino
That video is by Tobuscus he does lots of literal trailers and other comedy videos

Yeah thats the guy that got my wondering about this topic, this toby turner guy is quite big and has so many hits and i doubt hes an actual comedian outside his camera. Big fan of his humour though
xxx

I also have a small career in comedy, (people asked about it after reading my article) and I'd say the best way to go up there is to sound like a dick but don't push too far. Watch George Carlin when he got old or Denis Leary No Cure for Cancer. Definitely no parody songs or literals. Those are flavors of the month. Go up there and do legitimate political acts, make an offensive joke every now and then, but make sure you make offensive jokes to everybody, especially your own race, people love that. I would advise against comedy songs, because after the first punchline, they tend to get stale. The only exception would be if you could somehow make an Aristocrats Joke into a song. But make sure there's punchlines all throughout it, in between the gross parts... anyways, im off topic. Just be funnier than any other comediceranian person has ever been.
Yeah mate i know what you mean, im actually studying a degree in comedy at the mommet (yes it exists and its just as you could imagine) But yeah iv developed the proven successful persona and style that is for my stand up after doing many good and bad gigs (we all have to go through it i know) Just thought it would be interesting to do something different, show another side or depth other than the alter ego people see when im live. I'll probs end up taking my camera out with me and video-ing my thoughts or just general things i find funny but doing it with my persona, like reviewing something like recent events, movies or video games. hmmm
You say your on the circuit? where abouts are you based??
xxx

not exactly on a circuit, but I did a few small gigs and they were all well received. Not looking to be stand up or anything, but I had a good time getting up there talking like a total dick without anybody seeming to mind lol. Im down in southern ontario. I knew there are comedy degrees. I learned that when I compiled my infinite knowledge on Brendon Smalls... I never really went anywhere because I like metal music humor, my article is on the front page right now actually, and the sequel is almost finished, and I just started on the third, check it out and tell me what you think "The Ultimate Metal Guide"
Quote by JD Close
not exactly on a circuit, but I did a few small gigs and they were all well received. Not looking to be stand up or anything, but I had a good time getting up there talking like a total dick without anybody seeming to mind lol. Im down in southern ontario. I knew there are comedy degrees. I learned that when I compiled my infinite knowledge on Brendon Smalls... I never really went anywhere because I like metal music humor, my article is on the front page right now actually, and the sequel is almost finished, and I just started on the third, check it out and tell me what you think "The Ultimate Metal Guide"

"All of these answers can be substituted with yelling 'METAAAHL' and punching someone in the face"

OT: Be Jack Black
you're a stone fox
Quote by kwidjibo1

Mr. Toby Turner?

He's so god damned funny.
Quote by goest
Be a funny Dimitri Martin.

Fixed
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated