Hey guys. This is just something I've had hanging around for a while, and thought it would be a good idea to try and make it into a song. If anyone has any ideas on something to do with it, let me know! It's a very simple solo, but it sounds pretty cool to me. I've got a couple ideas on what to do, but thought I'd ask around first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b7NyR1t_14
It sounds good, but I'd work on adding some legato to it to make it shimmer a little bit. Just a few quicker hammer on pull off deals would make it that much better sounding IMO.
dillon1022,
Thanks for the review! Speaking of goats, I drive a goat: a 2005 Pontiac GTO (I guess GTO spelled sideways is goat, I didn't come up with that nickname). It would be nice if you could do more of a (home) studio recording with this and add some drums. It's a good song, the playing could be tighter in spots, but you are young: keep at it & you'll keep getting better man!
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Apr 1, 2011,
I agree with eXperiment63 about adding some legato techniques in there. The playing sounds very 'stiff' as is right now. Loosen up those fingers and let them fly! You could definitely have a good track with some more work. Keep it up!

Also, if you have the time:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427395
Sounds good to me.
I'd say hit some high notes at the very end. Other than that I think it's right on spot.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by eXperiment63
It sounds good, but I'd work on adding some legato to it to make it shimmer a little bit. Just a few quicker hammer on pull off deals would make it that much better sounding IMO.

i agree. you've got some really cool licks in here but it sounds a little stiff. also it's mostly at the same speed, maybe throw a couple long slow bends in there on the high notes.
I really like it, it's quite catchy, I would add some higher notes in the lead maybe, vary it a bit.
hey, thanks for commenting on my santeria cover, sorry i'm getting back to you so late!
I like the idea you've got going here. I like the palm muting in the rhythm guitar.
As for the solo: starts of great i think, but you lose my interest at around the 16s mark with that bend (i think you're going from an F to a G is im correct in assuming you're in standard....no guitar on me right now, cant tell) . After that you kinda fiddle around the pentatonic for a bit which works for a bit, but gets stale soon.

I like the begginig, you lose me for a bit, catch my attention again, only to lose it again.

If i was going to tell you to add something, i'd say either go crazy and shred, or play a really strong melodic line to carry it.

Hope this helps. Trying to be constructive. I really like where you're heading with this.
Quote by pengiunman
Hahaha you crack me up swansareroadkil.

:can't think of a smiley to put, your too cool: