I never thought I'd post one of these for a Gibson, but low and behold, I am. It's a Gibson SG Standard, given as an early graduation present. Onto the review.

I got this off eBay, so it's a used model (2003). However, the strings feel new, so I'm assuming the seller gave it a fresh pack before shipping. We like that. I got mine in an ebony (No, I'm not trying to copy Tony Iommi) finish, but there were these weird splotches on the front of the guitar, but nothing that affects the tone. Speaking of tone, it blew me away. The cleans and dirty tones were awesome, but I wouldn't expect less from this guitar. Fret access is second to none and the setup plays like butter.

One thing that surprised me was its weight. It's VERY light compared to my other ax (Axl Badwater 1216, the Les Paul copy), which is a huge plus. Despite that, like I said, the tone is astonishing. One last note, it came with the original case and documentation (Checklist, owner's manual).

Now for a picture of myself holding the ax in question. I apologize in advance for the bad 80's rock star vibe I'm giving off. It was for a friend.

I'll give some sound samples tomorrow, as I'm tired and about to fall asleep at my keyboard.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Chest hair. Where is it?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA are you serious? Thats the greatest NGD picture ever. The getup + your expression!

Happy new gear day, thats one sexy guitar
WTLTL 2011
Nice.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

i always think people are lefties when their pictures are reversed than i noticed that it said gibson backwards. idk but seeing a lefty guitarist just always looks weird and awkward.

but anyway HNGD!
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Hngd,

chest hair is overrated.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Hngd!
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by kylendm
Chest hair. Where is it?

Covered by the vest. It's just starting to grow, my friend.

And Chuckles, you seriously thought that? Awesome. I really did it for some people on Facebook and I thought it would be a grand entrance for the SG. I'll get some better guitar pronz in a bit. Close up shots and whatnot.

Sound samples coming soon, and expect some more 80's cheese, if I may.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

Last edited by PlaguePlaymate at Mar 31, 2011,
Is that your normal look?

Anyways, HNGD!

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
Awesome this NGD pic is by the far the most hilarious one I have ever seen

HNGD!
Quote by whyze250f
i always think people are lefties when their pictures are reversed than i noticed that it said gibson backwards. idk but seeing a lefty guitarist just always looks weird and awkward.

but anyway HNGD!

I know what you mean :roll:
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Quote by PlaguePlaymate

Sound samples coming soon, and expect some more 80's cheese, if I may.

this NGD delivers.
Trying out for Skid Row?

HNGD!!!!!!!!!
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88
Trying out for Skid Row?

HNGD!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. That or once C.C. Deville kicks the bucket or calls it quits. That and they were out of schoolboy outfits.

I'll have the sounds in a few minutes, guys, I'm just glad my glam rock pic brought some lols.

Sorry for the long wait, guys, but I finally have a track featuring this wonderful guitar.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/PlaguePlaymate/music/all/play979302

See if you recognize the song. Confound those ponies, they drive me to play their theme song.

dude your monday morning look i assume!
nothing beat the 80's rocker on crack!
HNGD xD
Crap. This morning I posted in the "gear you hate" thread that I don't like SGs. And then I take a look at yours, and I want one again. Damn you.

Happy NGD!!
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Quote by coolstoryangus
Shoud'ave played ratt.

this.

i r dispntarded.
idk, that face has some shooping potential, to be quite honest >_>

anyways, nice clip. haha
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
idk, that face has some shooping potential, to be quite honest >_>

anyways, nice clip. haha

Shoop away! I always wanted to be a meme, at least with a group of musicians, anyway. Glad you liked the clip. I might record Round and Round, to those who want some Ratt. We'll see.