I was in the market to replace the Wilky bridge on my early 90's Carvin LB20. After pondering and communicating with Schaller,Hipshot,Carvin and Babicz...I decided to not worry about aesthetics. I had an old Leo Quann II lying around on a project bass of which is stalled at the moment.

The bridge is not slotted; and I am not planning on slotting it.
The sustain was lightyears better than the aluminum Wilkinson.
And, even though this goes against physics: I am at 1mm action at the 12th. (I prefer some buzz) Which was not expected as I thought the BA II would force me into higher action. (I have never owned/played a Quann before...And I am impressed.

<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
It looks great!
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why are you staying unslotted? The whole point of the unslotted ones is that the end user can self-slot so the strings run through the centre of the pole pieces/optimise string spacing.

I might slot it in the future. The tension really holds the strings taut. I have slapped really hard and have only seen about 1/64 (0.4mm) of movement. I had never played a BA II bridge slotted or otherwise. I didnt expect the strings to be as taut as they are.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS