ok well this is going to be sort of a continue from my last thread cant play slow. if you guys havent seen it, feel free to look. Anyway, since those 4 days or so, ive gotten better, ive seen improvement which is always good. Anyway, one thing ive noticed, my bicep muscle flexes, and its weird because im concentrating on using my wrist, but yet im flexing my bicep. Anyway how to relieve that problem is happen when i change strings then my arm gets tired?

So now that ive noticed my problems how do i get my wrist to pick faster because i can do slow now, (LOL) now i need to keep building speed with my wrist. Whenever i try to play fast with my wrist i notice it moves a lot which its not supposed to, i know there supposed to be small precise movements, but my body refuses to do that.

Any advice on how to remedy any of these problems is accepted, just dont be a douche.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
I think you ought to practice with slow rhythmic speed and try not to put extra strain on your arms and wrists
|||
Relaxation can be a difficult thing. Sometimes concentrating so hard leads to tensing. Do concentrate, but don't think yourself to death. Sometimes you gotta just let go and relax and stop trying so hard. Try not to try, but do try. Lawlwut.

Practice sloooooower than slow. Like sixteenths at 20 bpm
Quote by fixationdarknes
Relaxation can be a difficult thing. Sometimes concentrating so hard leads to tensing. Do concentrate, but don't think yourself to death. Sometimes you gotta just let go and relax and stop trying so hard. Try not to try, but do try. Lawlwut.

Practice sloooooower than slow. Like sixteenths at 20 bpm

100% This man.
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
So now that ive noticed my problems how do i get my wrist to pick faster because i can do slow now, (LOL) now i need to keep building speed with my wrist. Whenever i try to play fast with my wrist i notice it moves a lot which its not supposed to, i know there supposed to be small precise movements, but my body refuses to do that.

That's the problem. Don't play fast when your training slow. Defeats the purpose.
you gotta keep playing very slowly (and perfectly) until your new approach really sinks in and becomes second nature.
It takes time to make real change.
ok so dont even try and play fast???? Yeah and i do concentrate when i play so that might be the problem.

So i wont even play fast and i wont concentrate so hard when i play.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
ok so dont even try and play fast???? Yeah and i do concentrate when i play so that might be the problem.

So i wont even play fast and i wont concentrate so hard when i play.

I dont think you should ever 'try' to play fast in so many words.

Playing at faster speeds should be natural instead of trying. Its like playing really slow its just very natural and controlled (unless your learning it).

If i try to play faster than know how to, everything tenses up because im TRYING to play fast. Lol

I think i explained what i meant the best i could.. sorry if i didnt..
nope i totally, get it, thanks
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator