Hey guys, since I bought these pickups, say... about a year ago, i haven't switched out the battery. I've been playing guitar today and my tone is lacking a ton of distortion. Is that a normal issue of the battery dying? Let me know guys, preciate it
Quote by cm880999
Not fast enough.. try playing this song i wrote it's called trolls delight!

heres the progression

A F Bb Gm E C D A Bm C Bm A Bm Bb Bm Cm Cb C Cbm A

played at 883 bmp change the chord every click

its pretty easy though
Its a symptom of it. While you're changing the battery, go ahead and do the 18v mod too
/rig
im gonna be a douche and say its easier to change the batteries and find out than to post this, wait for us to reply, and then go change them.
Change the battery dude. It's been a year. IMO they should be changed every 9 months, just to make sure you always have a fresh sound.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by guitarpatrick66
im gonna be a douche and say its easier to change the batteries and find out than to post this, wait for us to reply, and then go change them.

Well, i'm gonna be straight up with you... i am a class A cheap ass! so i didn't to go out and buy some batteries for nothing! anyway, this was for help, and you weren't much help, but i appreciate your reply though pal
Quote by cm880999

heres the progression

its pretty easy though
Quote by mespinos
Its a symptom of it. While you're changing the battery, go ahead and do the 18v mod too

? Tell me more about this 18v mod. Send me a private message before this thread ends up being closed. Thanks man.
Quote by cm880999

heres the progression

its pretty easy though
Quote by Offworld92
Change the battery dude. It's been a year. IMO they should be changed every 9 months, just to make sure you always have a fresh sound.

I hear yah, i don't play but maybe 2 hours a day at tops. I'll def keep that in mind though.
Quote by cm880999

heres the progression

its pretty easy though
That's probably the issue. I switch mine out every few weeks, though I have a 9v battery charger, so I just recharge and switch. 9v batteries can get expensive if you switch them out often enough.
Quote by ProgJazzMath
Well, i'm gonna be straight up with you... i am a class A cheap ass! so i didn't to go out and buy some batteries for nothing! anyway, this was for help, and you weren't much help, but i appreciate your reply though pal

come on i have a truck load of all kinds of batterys sitting around im saving for the zombie apocalypse. and if you need any more not help you know where to find me.
Quote by ethan_hanus
9 months? Are you mad? I changed mine every 3 months, but I played a lot too.

That's insane. There should be no reason you have to do that, unless you play like 5 hours+ every single day.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X