Hello,

I wasn't sure where to put this, was kind of a toss up but I figure this forum is the most relevant. I'm a metal head, but for some reason I'm primarily interested in learning classical guitar -- but I'm going to get a Yamaha SLG 120NW
which is a nylon string piezo electric. It uses and onboard effects processor / amp to get a classical sound.

This isn't a big deal, but it's got me wondering, if I were to use something like guitar rig on my computer, or an electric amp, would it be possible to get a rock / metal tone out of it? I know if I want to play that full time I'd be better off getting a steel string electric, but honestly playing it is more of a side interest.
Last edited by ernestoL at Mar 30, 2011,
I dont think it would sound very good...its ans AE Nylon?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
nylon=not metal, get a steel string guitar.
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
In theory you could get any tone out of any guitar when you're suing computer software but it might be hard and won't sound as good as if you tried to get the same tone with an electric guitar.
Quote by grohl1987
In theory you could get any tone out of any guitar when you're suing computer software but it might be hard and won't sound as good as if you tried to get the same tone with an electric guitar.

All I wanted to know, thanks.
Quote by rocker222
nylon=not metal, get a steel string guitar.

Nah, I think this is best for what I want. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the advice that it won't make a good rock/metal guitar, but that was more of a secondary interest for me.