Hey, I got a couple of acoustic demos I'm hoping to get some opinions on, they are "Rope Acoustic" and "This Sunset Acoustic", they are both here..

http://www.reverbnation.com/the2029

C4C as always, both are just demos at the moment, looking to work on them with the band sometime.
Critting as I listen to "this sunset"

Alright, first of, this is like the third time I listen to this song and it's really really awesome. The day you have recorded that as a real song, do me a favor and shoot me a pm. please. Kthnx.

Alright, now to the actual crit:

Intro starts of okay. Standard palm muted powerchord. Voice comes in - this reminds me alot on 30STM. Which is (most of the time) a good thing. I really dig the vocals. And the lyrics. The harmonies are good, even if there are not always hundred percent on pitch, they give the song a lot of character.

00:55: Wow, the chorus is really good. I swear this chorus reminds me of another song, but I can't put my finger on it. However it's now stuck in my head. Thank you The part after the chorus is beautiful, too.

-02:19: Nothing wrong until here, sounds really solid. Good vocals, guitar sounds good, everythings fine.

02:19-02:45: I like this part, too, especially the rise of tension at the end.

It gets sometimes a bit messy towards the end, but I can't really say that I don't like it, because it really fits the song.

Alright, after all, I'm still stunned. I don't know what it exactly was, but for me the melodys just.. wow. Sorry that i can't give you any constructive criticism, but for me the songs sounds just fine. Besides the "demoish sounds", but yeah, it's a demo, so... the songwriting is REALLY good. 10/10.

C4C?

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Last edited by OrangeWalls at Mar 31, 2011,