I'm not entirely sure where to start this thread.

I have been a user of Guitar Pro 5 for a good 2 years and am wondering if anyone with experience can tell me if it'd be worth it to buy Guitar Pro 6. I have heard that there are a huge amount of good improvements, but I'm also a little intimidated at having to relearn it (I've watched people using it on youtube clips and whatnot).

Thanks
in all honesty, I bought guitar pro 6 because I adored the 5, and I barely use it anymore... I don't know if it is because I record everything I write, but I found the 5 to be much better than the 6...
I mean, sure it looks better and sounds better, but the 5 was so great because it was extremely intuitive... I hate how you can't write tabs for the drums or synths anymore, I used to find my keyboard notes on the fretboard, now I have to learn how to read and write scores if I want to add a bit of piano somewhere...
Honestly, I'd keep the 5 if I were you
Quote by cjmabry
Bahahahaha. Can I sig that?

Quote by Kurt Vonnegut
I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
It's worth upgrading. As far as writing notes for instruments it's pretty easy. The one downside is the drums are much more limited in GP6. There aren't as many sounds available which is kind of disappointing. It will take a little bit of learning to get the new interface down, but it's easy to pick up and learn. If not the help section is very detailed and its easy to read. One huge advantage is the guitar sounds. They are by far the biggest improvement. Just like with a real amp and guitar you can spend hours just tweaking the various knobs and controls to get the exact tone you want.

All in all it's worth upgrading, but you won't be hurting yourself by sticking with GP5 - it's still good software. You can always download the trial before you buy and give it a test drive.

One last thing, it takes up less CPU and RAM to run the software. So if you have a PC or Mac that isn't super powerful, GP6 will run pretty good on it.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Quote by Phat Stud 55
It's worth upgrading. As far as writing notes for instruments it's pretty easy. The one downside is the drums are much more limited in GP6. There aren't as many sounds available which is kind of disappointing. It will take a little bit of learning to get the new interface down, but it's easy to pick up and learn. If not the help section is very detailed and its easy to read. One huge advantage is the guitar sounds. They are by far the biggest improvement. Just like with a real amp and guitar you can spend hours just tweaking the various knobs and controls to get the exact tone you want.

All in all it's worth upgrading, but you won't be hurting yourself by sticking with GP5 - it's still good software. You can always download the trial before you buy and give it a test drive.

One last thing, it takes up less CPU and RAM to run the software. So if you have a PC or Mac that isn't super powerful, GP6 will run pretty good on it.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Why would you want to tweak the tone of a tab...? Wouldn't you rather just give it a listen to hear if it is correct, then play the real thing?

GP5 was bare bones simple, love that program to this day.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Mopy
Why would you want to tweak the tone of a tab...? Wouldn't you rather just give it a listen to hear if it is correct, then play the real thing?

Yes I would, but it's still a fun feature for me. I agree GP5 was better, but GP6 isn't bad.
if 5 was better, why is it worth upgrading then?
I agree though, yes it's cool to be able to tweak your sounds, but if I want to tweak a sound in my computer, I turn my amp and effects on and plug a microphone in front of it...
The sound module sure is impressive, and it's by far the most appealing feature, but I don't think it was necessary. Sometimes, I actually consider downgrading to gp5.
Ah, it looks like I'll just save my money and stick with 5. However, I wasn't aware that a free trial was available, I'll check that out just to make sure.

Thanks all.