Page 1 of 2
Where are all the other rebellious teens out there?

The line-up doesn't look too bad compared to last year. I've been pretty disappointed with the tour in the previous years, but I have to say they've gone a step up. Some of the bands I'm amped for this year are A Day to Remember, August Burns Red, The Devil Wears Prada, Pepper, Against Me!, etc.

So who else is all going this year (this one will be my 5th) and what bands are you all excited for?

Although there can be shitty line-ups every year or so, Warped never ceases to disappoint me with all the booths, bands, cool people. Probably has been the highlight of my past summers.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
Quote by TheReverend724
This year looks the worst in ten years

Last years was pretty bad.

~ Kurt Cobain ~
I'M SO EXCITED FOR BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR

Not really -_______-

But seriously, I hope they start announcing some better bands. ABR and Enter Shikari are probably my favorites so far.

Quote by xBrando

Idk what you're talking about, last year's was AWESOME.
I'm gonna go, Though I don't listen to the bands, its a great way to learn about them

'09 was really good, and the first year I went.

08 sounded to good Protest the hero was there
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
I planned on going but the only bands I'd really wanna see are A Day To Remember and Simple Plan (my 5th grade self would be so mad if I passed that one up). I honestly don't know if I'll go. I went last summer pretty much just to spend time with my friends and see Motion City Soundtrack but ended up seeing some pretty cool bands. I just hope they add Jack's Mannequin on more dates than the 3 they've announced so far, that'd make it or break it for me, really.
I like to pretend I'm a musician.
Quote by TheReverend724
Last year had Andrew WK

Your argument is invalid

i agree with you. Andrew W.K. is amazing

This years line-up is the worst of all the warped tours ever.
But I will be going multiple times because Foxy Shazam is on the bill and they're the best live band around
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Quote by xBrando

Andrew WK and Dillinger? I don't think so...
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Ugh...

Enjoy your overproduced pop punk and oh so brutal hardcore.

Why thank you, I have been

~ Kurt Cobain ~
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Ugh...

Not hardcore >_>
Only good bands are the three reggae bands.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Are they done announcing bands? I was sort of hoping for Oh Sleeper this year.

The only bands I'd actually go to Warped to see are ABR and ADTR. Even then... eh...
Quote by Jon777
Are they done announcing bands? I was sort of hoping for Oh Sleeper this year.

The only bands I'd actually go to Warped to see are ABR and ADTR. Even then... eh...

I doubt they're done. If you go to SD I'll go and gangbang <3
I've never went to Warped, but Lucero's there this year so I might have to check it out, though I seriously doubt they'll fit in.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
This year looks teh shittay.

I had a blast at last year's. Got on stage with Andrew W.K. wassup?
Also, I got to see Closure in Moscow finally and the wait was well worth it.
Quote by captaincrunk
Are you sure this is what you meant?

Ur s0 k3wl ololololol
Quote by Sinister Waffle
I'm gonna go, Though I don't listen to the bands, its a great way to learn about them

'09 was really good, and the first year I went.

08 sounded to good Protest the hero was there

'07, '08, and '09 were all good years.

They still had Bad Religion, Pennywise, NOFX, Rise Against, Less Than Jake among others that kept the tour with it's roots. Being able to see bands I grew up listening to (Bad Religion, NOFX, and Pennywise) was one of the best experiences of my life.

Then it also had Bayside, Protest the Hero, P.O.S., The Human Abstract (with only Nocturne out), Big D, Gogol Bordello, The Unseen, Streetlight Manifesto, Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly.

There was always a band I wanted to see at any certain time those years. Which was sick when Katy Perry and 3OH!3 were there, cause everyone was at those stages, leaving 50 or so people at the smaller stages with the likes of Protest the Hero or P.O.S.

Now I look at their line-up..and there's maybe 3 or 4 bands that I want to see...and they usually aren't coming to my tour date.

*puts on Bro Hymn for old times sake*
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Mar 31, 2011,
ABR, Against Me!, ADTR, MC Lars, Pepper, and (if i get stoned enough) The Acacia Strain are who I'd see. I still probably won't go though.
Go Veg.
Quote by 65_Mustang_1965
I planned on going but the only bands I'd really wanna see are A Day To Remember and Simple Plan (my 5th grade self would be so mad if I passed that one up). I honestly don't know if I'll go. I went last summer pretty much just to spend time with my friends and see Motion City Soundtrack but ended up seeing some pretty cool bands. I just hope they add Jack's Mannequin on more dates than the 3 they've announced so far, that'd make it or break it for me, really.

If they're playing my gf is going to make me take her. I haven't been to a warped tour in a few years since they've been pretty bad lately.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Ugh...

by the looks of it , its not really pop punk but hardcore
Quote by Toadvine
I've never went to Warped, but Lucero's there this year so I might have to check it out, though I seriously doubt they'll fit in.

Good to see a fellow Lucero fan on here

I would go see it just for them, but I really, really don't like any other bands on the lineup, I don't think Lucero fits in at all.
Quote by killboypowerhed
i miss when they actually had punk bands :-/

I was about to say, none of those bands listed sounded very.. well they all sound very cheesey and uh.. off camber?

Maybe I'm out of sync with tours etc now.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
All the bands on this tour remind me of how much I hate religion because slipknot do, and how angry I am with my parents because they made me tidy my room. As well as being straight edge to find an identity, despite the fact I am underage.
I live in the UK...

...but still, Protest The Hero, SYG, Anti-Flag, Every Time I Die, Sum 41, The Unseen, Gallows... a lot of good bands over the last few years. A lot of shit too.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by TheReverend724
This year looks the worst in ten years

Quote by xBrando

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
A Skylit Drive and Larry And His Flask are the only ones I want to see.
The rest all seem kind meh.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Ugh...

Nice. Why be positive and have fun when you can be overly skeptical and bring everybody down? /'casm.

I'm psyched for warped this year. DRUGS, ABR, Freshman 15, FOXY SHAZAM!?, Jacks Mannequin, Less Than Jake, Relient K, Set Your Goals, and The (****ing) wonder years.

This year is pretty kickass now that i think about it. might hit more than one date.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Looks absolutely garbage.

this
I leik music
Quote by killboypowerhed
i miss when they actually had punk bands :-/

Damn straight, nig. NOFX and Rancid used to be on almost every year up until the early 2000's. What happened? This year they have Foxy Shazam, Lionize, and Less Than Jake though, which means I'm going. Against Me! can suck my ass for not being at the MA one. I would have liked to have seen them. They should also get Andrew W.K. again, with his band from the I Get Wet era. Then I would definitely go.
Last edited by FrauVfromPoB at Mar 31, 2011,
there's a few bans I'd like to see, but I don't know if I'll be able to go. I don't know if Streetlight Manifesto is playing this year, but last year they only played to Florida shows. I hope they do that again (or at least play here).
Page 1 of 2