I'm trying to get a MIDI guitar sound real on a solo and was wanting to know how to do this.
I've tried using Guitarpro exporting to .wav then running it into an amp sim and it sounded terrible.
Any advice on how to do this?
..I was watching my death.
Never heard a good one either. Just get better at guitar.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I'm not trying to use this to replace a solo...
Just curiosity.
..I was watching my death.
My advice would to be just use a synth VST and pass it off as a "keyboard" solo.

Edit: Wait...I missed your last post before I posted this
spectrasonics omnisphere has some pretty good and realistic guitar sounds, its a VST plugin so you would have to use FL studio or something similar that can host vsts im sure you can find it somewhere to give it a try
Quote by bendystraw
Fifty bucks says you're fat.
the closest not real guitar - guitar I've heard was in a dream theater song. a synthesizer was playing a solo that sounded pretty similar to a guitar. of course, it didn't have that flexible string sound but the actual tone was spot-on.
Please elaborate. Would like to hear your take. Thanx.
Quote by lockwolf
That vid is just wrong on many levels
Quote by musikenthusiast
Please elaborate. Would like to hear your take. Thanx.

Well, first off, it doesn't even sound real. Second, theres no point to it except to stand around your circle of friends and say "Oh, I'm cool and can pretend to play guitar on my ipod". Third, the kid looks like a tool.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Well, I agree a midi guitar will never sound like a real guitar. But I find it interesting the app can be used to control other instruments in Garageband and record into MIDI. There are better options like the Roland MIDI kits but $800 is a lot of money for some people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PozWQ2J_2Dw
btw, thanks for replying

Quote by lockwolf
Well, first off, it doesn't even sound real. Second, theres no point to it except to stand around your circle of friends and say "Oh, I'm cool and can pretend to play guitar on my ipod". Third, the kid looks like a tool.
Last edited by musikenthusiast at Apr 19, 2011,
Quote by musikenthusiast
Well, I agree a midi guitar will never sound like a real guitar. But I find it interesting the app can be used to control other instruments in Garageband.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PozWQ2J_2Dw
btw, thanks for replying

That's actually really cool. I think I might try this out sometime!