So recently, (4 days ago) I started giving blues a listen, apart from listening to SRV and I listened to the live version of The first time I met the blues.

I want to get that "feel" for a guitar so I can just jam whenever I want.
Probably a ridiculous question, but could you blues connoisseurs recommend some music to learn so i can possibly get that feel?

I just started learning some SRV songs, but thats it.

anything helpful's appreciated
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Mar 31, 2011,
wow, so much to discover! Listen to the three kings! Give Buddy Whittington a chance as well. Son House is pretty awesome too.
B.B King?
Gear:
Boss MD-2
Fake Gibson Les Paul
Washburn BD12R
Kawasaki Acoustic

Quote by Lots O' FX
digoutyerarse: none dig deeper

I"M SO RANDUMZ LOL
B.B. King

Chris Duarte

Frank Marino
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
You don't have to go that far back when some of the best have already done most of the work for you. Not saying don't listen to Junior Wells, or Son House, or Albert King, or Big Bill, or Buddy Guy..., but maybe if just for playing STYLE, try Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. Don't be ridiculous and discredit it just cause its Fleetwood Mac. Peter Green is the best guitarist I've ever heard!
blind boy fuller

blind Blake

robert Johnson

try to find old compilations of old country blues. playing electric blues takes a great ear and some technical proficiency. country blues takes serious chops.

both are difficult to master. but country blues is what separates the men from the boys IMO. you can't understand something unless you understand where it came from. otherwise you just know a derivative of it and it shows in your playing. again, IMO.

I love electric blues too. junior wells and those dudes are great. muddy waters. Freddie king. etc
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Apr 1, 2011,
I found myself in the same position, about six ago, after spending most of my life just listening to classic metal, hard rock, and a sprinkling of radio hits.

SRV is my favorite, but I would recommend Buddy Guy, Albert King, John Lee Hooker, and since you like the Texas Blues (SRV), Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown.