I know this probably isn't fit for the delicate sensibilities of The Pit, but I wasn't sure where else to put it...

I'm an avid lover of Guitar Pro5 (6 can go to *hell*), and I mostly like to use it as a midi programmer. I then feed this midi into Reason, and use it to play samples.

I used to do this 2 computers ago on my pos desktop that just scraped the minimum requirements with no trouble; if I tried to load too many samples, it'd say it was out of memory, which I daresay it was. That was with about 2 gigs of DDR2, a 2.5 dual core, and a reasonably small hard disk.

Upgrade to 3 gigs of DDR2, and I never had that problem.

I later got a better laptop, no issues, flawless performance.

Now I have an Alienware that I love to death, and I can't open most of my Reason files. It tells me I'm out of memory. This *cannot* be a hardware issue; this thing kills my old systems even at base, and I recently upgraded to 8 gigs of DDR3. It's running 64-bit Windows 7 (old laptop ran 32-bit Windows Vista), which the windows site says it should be compatible with, so I'm not sure if that's the issue.

TL;DR

I've been having some troubles (error 'Out of memory') loading files in Reason 4/5 on a system that can definitely handle them, physically.
Sorry if I phrased that badly, guitar pro isn't the issue; I shouldn't have mentioned it.

How do I force Reason to use more memory?
Quote by Wolffgang
Sorry if I phrased that badly, guitar pro isn't the issue; I shouldn't have mentioned it.

no it was my bad
Quote by Wolffgang

How do I force Reason to use more memory?

The only thing I can think of would be to go to Edit->Preferences->then maybe raising the CPU usage limit?