Poll Options
View poll results: Kill baby hitler?
Yep.
110 31%
Nah.
243 69%
Voters: 353.
Page 1 of 5
Very simple. You get the option to go back in time and kill hitler at the age of 1 year old. Would you do it?
Take this as, the master of time travellurz come to you now and tells you this. After you've killed him, you have to go back to your own time. You can't just go and do something else in the late 19th century.

Poll coming up.

Let's say that you are free of paradox: you still exist, but the global effects of hitler's death would still be there.
Last edited by vagelier at Mar 31, 2011,
Quote by boreamor
No, raise him differently.

You can't do that. Kill or no kill.
No kill. He's still a baby.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
No kill, who knows what might happen otherwise.... don't mess with the past!
I don't believe in fate, or some divine plan, so who's to say, had baby Hitler lived, he wouldn't go on to cure cancer or bring about world peace?
If I would, wouldn't that totally change how everything in the world went, therefore possibly preventing my parents from being born/meeting and also undoing my own existence?
Gear :

Jackson JS32T King V
Vox VT40+
Stagg C542
Quote by fender_696
I don't believe in fate, or some divine plan, so who's to say, had baby Hitler lived, he wouldn't go on to cure cancer or bring about world peace?

I wouldn't say "world peace" was in his area of expertise, would you?
Well actually if Hitler had been accepted to an Art School in Paris, he would of became somebody different but an asshole refused him. Eric emmanuel Schmidt (I do not kow how to write his name) wrote a book about that.

edit: No kill
Quote by Maglun
If I would, wouldn't that totally change how everything in the world went, therefore possibly preventing my parents from being born/meeting and also undoing my own existence?

Making you unable to then go back in time and kill Hitler.

The knowledge that can be taken away from this situation, HITLER COULD ONLY BE KILLED BY HIS OWN HAND.

Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

If I killed him I would never have been born, at least not in England, so no. Also, who's to say that someone just as bad or worse wouldn't come about anyway?

EDIT:

Quote by white_ibanez10
Well actually if Hitler had been accepted to an Art School in Paris, he would of became somebody different but an asshole refused him. Eric emmanuel Schmidt (I do not kow how to write his name) wrote a book about that.

Wasn't he actually just shit at art though? That ain't the guys fault
Last edited by benonbass1 at Mar 31, 2011,
if you killed him you couldnt go back cos that timeline you existed in wouldnt exist anymore

I'ld just go and give him art lessons so he would get into art school and a lot of shit could be avoided
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by vagelier
You can't do that. Kill or no kill.

Why?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Making you unable to then go back in time and kill Hitler.

The knowledge that can be taken away from this situation, HITLER COULD ONLY BE KILLED BY HIS OWN HAND.

That's the grandfather paradox, if you go back and kill him, and this somehow stops you from being born, you wouldn't have gone back to kill him and he would still be alive.

Or say that you kill him as an infant, and you are still alive in the future, he wouldn't have done all the crimes that he has done, therefore giving the "future you" no valid reason to have gone and killed him in the past.

Some people say that this might split the universe into a multi-verse
Others just say you might make it go boom
But who's to know
Quote by strat0blaster
Why?

Because that's the game.

Deal with it
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
No, because we owe much of the technology we have today to the massive technological push that world war two incited.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
if the effects are still gonna be there then what's the point?

mine's a nah vote.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
The Holocaust is a warning and example and hopefully nothing of the like will ever happen again because of the horrible experiences we've seen through history. If you stopped it happening who's to say a similar event wouldn't have happened later in time when technology was more advanced and even more people would have died.
Also one of the main reasons Germany lost WW2 was because of Hitler's poor leadership / going completely and utterly pyscho, so what if a more efficent person had taken advantage of the shitstorm that was Weimar post WW1 Germany? A similar party could have taken control and succeeded in dominating Europe
If you're reading this, then chances are you're procrastinating too
Hitler was not the cause of WW II, the punishment Germany received after WW I was. Germany was left in a deep economical crisis and the germans would've followed any idiot who promised for a better future.
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by strat0blaster
Why?

Because he said so. he's the TS

I would NOT.
Simply because the future would be altered radically, and we couldn't know if in a good way or in a bad way.

4 example you might have other 2 centuries of conitnuous wars and even more people dying and dying...

in essence i wouldn't change anything of the present for fear of upsetting the world's (un)balance, but i would change it in the future or present
Quote by captaincrunk
If you kill him, it is VERY likely that when you "came back" you wouldn't exist anymore.

But how could you travel back in time and kill him if you did not exist?
If I post something offensive or stupid it's not me. . .

it's that damn troll living under my bed
My music here
If you kill him, you wouldn't be able to come back, because you'd create a paradox in doing so.

By killing Hitler, you'd create a one-way passage to a separate dimension; one where you exist in the present, and one where you exist in the past... Its like... Joining two tangent lines by the horizontal axis. The only other two imaginary lines joining tangents are -infinity and infinity, which are unreachable... You simply traveled along zero.

Horrid math analogy, by the way. Sleep deprivation does that to you.

EDIT: You can go back and observe, and travel to your own time, or you can change the past creating an alternate dimension in the process. Travelling back to your previous dimension in your own time from that point would create a paradox enveloping and destroying both dimensions... In order to return to your own time, you'd have to go further into history while Hitler is still alive and make no significant changes... Creating a dimension inside of a dimension.
Last edited by L2112Lif at Mar 31, 2011,
Quote by captaincrunk
Babies don't exactly have expertise.

I wasn't talking about "baby Hitler", but the "dictator Hitler".
killing any baby is cruel and heartless...

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
bring him into the future and give him to fritzel
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Anybody play the game Command&Conquer Red Alert? Einstein goes back in time and eliminates Hitler, and do you know what happens? The freaking Soviets try to take over the world.
Quote by L2112Lif
You can go back and observe, and travel to your own time, or you can change the past creating an alternate dimension in the process. Travelling back to your previous dimension in your own time from that point would create a paradox enveloping and destroying both dimensions... In order to return to your own time, you'd have to go further into history while Hitler is still alive and make no significant changes... Creating a dimension inside of a dimension.

wat
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
I wouldn't kill him. I'd just give him a very good telling off and change his views on life.
Quote by fender_696

Are you saying Jews are the root of all our problems?
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Personally, I'd assume the role of the sniper that missed him in the first world war, and correct my mistake.
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
Nah, just rape him.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by L2112Lif
If you kill him, you wouldn't be able to come back, because you'd create a paradox in doing so.

By killing Hitler, you'd create a one-way passage to a separate dimension; one where you exist in the present, and one where you exist in the past... Its like... Joining two tangent lines by the horizontal axis. The only other two imaginary lines joining tangents are -infinity and infinity, which are unreachable... You simply traveled along zero.

Horrid math analogy, by the way. Sleep deprivation does that to you.

EDIT: You can go back and observe, and travel to your own time, or you can change the past creating an alternate dimension in the process. Travelling back to your previous dimension in your own time from that point would create a paradox enveloping and destroying both dimensions... In order to return to your own time, you'd have to go further into history while Hitler is still alive and make no significant changes... Creating a dimension inside of a dimension.

INCEPTION
Page 1 of 5