Well I took a gamble with GFS recently and decided to upgrade my SX Thinline Tele. Not a bad guitar but I'm always trying different stuff with it for the sake of experimenting. Currently I was really enjoying the Mex Fender bridge pickup but the neck was not to my taste. I'd always wanted a neck humbucker Tele and took the plunge. The only remotely close pickguard was the GFS Xaviere HH Tele guard. How bad could it be.....

Embarrassingly this is after a good deal of dremeling and such. Lots of gaps, etc. Oh well, I got it on there and the pickup installed.

My thoughts on the pickup are that the 250k pots aren't doing it justice. Not bad at all but certainly on the dark side. The middle position is fantastic now with just the right amount of both highs and lows.

I guess I'm pretty happy with the end product. If the fitment on the pickguard was better I'd be thrilled. As is I can laugh at its quirkiness and chalk it up to experimenting. Thanks for looking.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.

reminds me of one of my guitars I modified... the pickguard was too big and all I had to cut in it was a pair of scissors, it looks murdered and it's kind of sideways, so the bridge pickup is all right but the middle and neck poles aren't aligned with the strings

still, once you're used to it, I reckon it looks kind of cool!
Quote by Darkflame

reminds me of one of my guitars I modified... the pickguard was too big and all I had to cut in it was a pair of scissors, it looks murdered and it's kind of sideways, so the bridge pickup is all right but the middle and neck poles aren't aligned with the strings

still, once you're used to it, I reckon it looks kind of cool!

haha, I can totally sympathize.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
CAnt see the guitar on this computer but I had the same problem on a recent build of mine. I had to do an absolute shit ton of dremmeling to get it to fit right, I finally got it looking decent, but damn! I even used i on a GFS body. IK Im not buying pickguards from them again.
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right
doesn't look bad, my guess is that it didn't fit right because the GFS pickguards are made to fit fenders
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Either way I think the results look great. I always like to see your NGD/NSD threads, you take such good-looking pictures (and the contents themselves are always interesting)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i think if you put a ltitle piece of metal on the end of the bridge to make it long enough to touch the edge of the pickguard it would look like it was meant to be that way haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
not horrible by any means.

nice tele.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Thanks for all the feedback. I actually wound up converting it back to stock because I realized the pole pieces weren't lining up in the least with the strings
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
I actually think it looks better this way! I don't think it looks good with the stock white one.
Last edited by Soldier Poet at Apr 6, 2011,
Quote by Soldier Poet
I actually think it looks better this way! I don't think it look good with the stock white one.

Honestly, I liked the black better too. But the pickup fitment (or lack thereof) and the awful alignment forced me to ditch the idea

Wound up still making use of the pickup in my Jagmaster:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427827
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ianae86
Honestly, I liked the black better too. But the pickup fitment (or lack thereof) and the awful alignment forced me to ditch the idea

Wound up still making use of the pickup in my Jagmaster:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427827

When I saw the pictures of your Tele I was actually struck by GAS, but seeing that the stock pickguard is a different color killed it.

That's okay though, I'm saving for another guitar.