I tried a search for "low e" and "low e breaking" didn't find what I needed apologies if there is a thread about this.

Its as simple as the title, my low E (fattest string) is always the first to break. Usually every 2 weeks. I play a lot of metal rhythm so the string gets blasted quite a bit with downstrokes. I use standard 10-46 gauge and play in standard or drop d.

It always breaks at the bridge so I attribute it to the riffing, and weight of my palm on the area when muting. A buddy told me that it should NOT be breaking and I agree. I never break any other string when playing.

Is there something wrong with my bridge which is causing it to break prematurely? I don't think its from me playing to hard. Maybe this is a common problem...

When it breaks its not a "snap" it just unravels from the bridge. The coil comes undone from the main single string inside it.
I remember reading somewhere on the forums that my bridge could be "sharp" and cutting into the string?

Its a strat style bridge and saddle.
have your guitar looked at by a pro or start using thicker gauge strings
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
Try a different brand of string first.. or maybe a different guage just incase.
Next time, if it still happens, slide a bit of paper between the saddle and string. If it doesn't break after a month, it's the saddle. Then you can tell wether you need to get a new saddle/ sand the saddle.
.46 should be thick enough, try changing the brand or get your guitar checked out.
Pamposh’s final question before drifting into a state of transcendent ecstasy was, “But Master, if everything is an illusion, then why does anything matter?”

To which the master replied, “It may all be an illusion, but it’s a very real illusion.”
definitely did a double take when i read this title lol
you'd think of all strings to last the longest itd be the low strings my guess is the bridge is the problem but im no pro or anything definitely use slash_angus_VH's advice and get it checked out, they shouldn't charge you just to LOOK at it at least i dont think so...
My Gear:

2010 Fender American Deluxe Sunburst Stratocaster HSS (1st Choice)
Ibanez RG 5EX1 (2nd Choice)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Digitech Time Bender Delay
Boss BF-2 Flanger)
EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi
you may have an issue with your Low E string saddle. may have a rough edge that cuts into the string and with that added pounding the string goes.
Check for burrs on the bridge saddles. If there are any sand them off with fine sandpaper. You want to remove the burrs and polish the metal not leave heavy scratched.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
and around your tuners...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
You might just be such a heavy user you have to replace strings every two weeks. Sucks to be you. Buy strings in bulk!
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
Quote by Bhaok
Check for burrs on the bridge saddles. If there are any sand them off with fine sandpaper. You want to remove the burrs and polish the metal not leave heavy scratched.

This is just what I came here to post, unless you're extremely abusive to those strings I'd bet there is a burr if it's consistently the low E breaking first.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
perfecy symptoms of a sharp saddle. check it nao!
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
If its always breaking at the bridge, it could mean there's some kind of spike or notch in the bridge - cutting into the string. You could try lightly filing the string slot a little.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3