Page 1 of 2
Yes, I know Video Game Movies often tend to be bad in the public eye, but I have enjoyed each and every one of them that I have seen... probably because I love the games so much. I am wanting to start collecting movies, and a lot of them that I like are Video Game Movies, just because.

What Video Game Movies do you guys know of? I want to make a list so that I can buy them (if they are in my interest). Here are some that I like that I want to buy (no bashing):

Doom
Resident Evil (all 4 of them including the CGI one)
Tomb Raider movies
The Punisher movies (all 3 of them; not really a "Video Game Movie", but the 2005 Video Game did make me want to watch the 2004 movie with Tom Jane and got me interested in The Punisher, so yeah...)

I want (and have not seen):

BloodRayne movies
Max Payne

I am not looking for your thoughts on them, I just want to know of what there is.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Think they made a Dead Or Alive film
Mario Bros
Quote by UraniYum
What about movies that have been made into games?

Sure . That's pretty much what The Punisher is... unless, there was a Punisher game before '89.

Quote by Calibos
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Think they made a Dead Or Alive film
Mario Bros

Thanks . How are those fighting ones though? is there a story or is it pretty much just mindless fighting?
Tekken?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Hitman.

God that film makes me rage. Agent 47 is a clone assasin who does not care for other human beings and gets the job done and they turn it into a love story.

If they make another game and change it because of the film I'll have to create my own 47 and send it after them.

Although to be fair anyone would be interested in her.

Max Payne was great. ****ing great.

And I also really liked the Silent Hill film. I had such fears of it, being an avid Silent Hill fan, but I think they really pulled it off, incorporating elements from 1, 2, and 4 seamlessly, while preserving the tone and feel of the series. Pyramid Head had no business being there, but you knew that was coming...
Street Fighter is terrible, Kylie Minogue plays Cammy and they didn't even get an American to play Guile (who is basically Mr. America). Most of the other characters are irrelevant and just dick around, M. Bison is the only good character.

Mortal Kombat is slightly better.

Never seen DOA.
Silent Hill

It involves the fragments of each of the first 3 chapter of the game. Really loved the game (especially to play it late at night with my friends and a few beers), but i didn't like the movie
just another Heavy Metal guitar player
I liked the first Mortal Kombat movie the best. Just went downhill after that. And the Mario Bros movie was cool....when i was 7.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
mario. double dragon (awesome!) TMNT. That was a TV show first I guess... All the house of the dead movies.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by Paramore.
Sure . That's pretty much what The Punisher is... unless, there was a Punisher game before '89.

Then you cannot rule out Disney, mother****er!

A Bugs Life
Hercules
Cars
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Lets get some Pokémon up in this bitch!

...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I'll be honest with you here, nearly every videogame movie ever made is dreadful... live action ones mostly. The animated Street Fighter II movie is good, the 1998 Tekken OVA too as are the three Fatal Fury animes alongside the aforementioned Advent Children, but the rest is nothing short of garbage.

There're a few that I'm yet to see (Hitman for one), but unless it's animated then chances are it's going to be dreadful. The Live Action Street Fighter, King of Fighters and Tekken movies were so bad that I got cancer.
The Super Mario Bros. Movie is a cinematic masterpiece. I recommend that everyone in this thread watch it at least once.
Mortal Kombat is the best video game movie for me. (not a big fan of it though, just hated other video game movies) XD
Every single one has sucked balls so far. Other than Mortal Kombat with Christopher Lambert, and Street Fighter. And that's only because they were the epitome of 90's cheese.
Quote by UraniYum
Then you cannot rule out Disney, mother****er!

A Bugs Life
Hercules
Cars

Damn you! I haven't played Cars, but I remember ABL and Hercules on the PS1.. tempted to get them again

Screw Pokemon

I don't want to watch the Mario one, I'm not a fan of Mario and I can see it being corny as hell, even if it does feature the Chuckle Brothers.
Quote by Paramore.

I don't want to watch the Mario one, I'm not a fan of Mario and I can see it being corny as hell, even if it does feature the Chuckle Brothers.

It is, undoubtedly, one of the BEST "worst" movies of all time.
The only good thing about the first BloodRayne movie is the awesome sex scene.
The Super Mario Bros movie is just godawful. The animated series is awesome though.

I am interested to see what they do with Bioshock though, I love those games and I hope to god the movie compares.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Shadow of the Colossus or Fallout (3 / NV) would make great films if done properly.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
There is a video game (from 2003) and a movie (from 2008) based on the XIII comic book from '83 if that counts. Both were cool.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Mar 31, 2011,
Quote by pol315
Can't believe Final Fantasy hasn't been mentioned yet! FF7 : Advent Children

Advent Children sucked, and so did FF7 imo.

I saw Zelda Hero of Time - gay.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I think I'm going to list games that are being turned into movies in the near future:
Mass Effect
Mortal Kombat reboot
Resident Evil 5 (Wesker survived at the end of Afterlife and you know it!)

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

Agreed, FF7 has one of the worst iterations and characters of the universe, no one wants to admit it though. I would have rather seen versions of I, II, IV, V, VI, or VIII
Last edited by Spartan101400 at Mar 31, 2011,
Quote by DecaPodge
Shadow of the Colossus or Fallout (3 / NV) would make great films if done properly.

Max Payne and Hitman would have made great movies too...IF they were done properly.

Point is, don't count on it. They would completely ruin both of those ideas with Hollywood faggotry.
I saw Tekken a few weeks ago. So goddamn hilarious and awful.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

+1

That movie was sooooo bad. I know it was an indie movie made on a limited budget, but they could have made things much better. Like, not filming at a castle that has modern lights installed.

I still say watch it, as it's free and wont waste any of your money TS. Just get ready to rage afterwards.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by Spartan101400
I think I'm going to list games that are being turned into movies in the near future:
Mass Effect
Mortal Kombat reboot
Resident Evil 5 (Wesker survived at the end of Afterlife and you know it!)

Agreed, FF7 has one of the worst iterations and characters of the universe, no one wants to admit it though. I would have rather seen versions of I, II, IV, V, VI, or VIII

No III or IX

A movie on VIII would be interesting. The actress for Rinoa has to be hot though. A movie based on I would be bland imo.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
No III or IX

A movie on VIII would be interesting. The actress for Rinoa has to be hot though. A movie based on I would be bland imo.

I think they won't ever do VIII because of the ending, because I know several people who still don't understand that ending.
Quote by Spartan101400
I think they won't ever do VIII because of the ending, because I know several people who still don't understand that ending.

I know several people who couldn't be Ultimecia, who is a bitch.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Bloodrayne (1st)
Resident Evil (all)
Silent Hill
Super Mario Bros.
Tomb Raider (both)
Moral Kombat (1st)
Street Fighter (1st)

All of the above movies were great!
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I only really enjoyed Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Street Fighter II: The Movie and thought Prince of Persia was pretty decent.
Them aside i can't think of or don't know any worth watching.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
It hasn't been noted that the Mario Bros movie is on YouTube in full. Definitely worth an hour and a half of your time.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by TheReverend724
Apparently there's a MGS fan film that Hideo Kojima approved

Really hope this follows through.
Page 1 of 2