So yeah. I just got a new amplifer, a Kustom k300-5. Now, 'new' is subjective, as it's from the 1970's....but still.... It's pretty good in my opinion. It claims its a pa system, but i think its a glorified guitar amp. it's got 6 channels, 12 inputs, and oodles and ooodles of spring reverb. from what i've read, it's got 300 watts of power under the hood. There's 2 speaker towers, both 8 ohm, with 2 12'' speakers and 3 8'' speakers per tower (total a 4x12 with a 6x8 pretty much...)...Mine's also black, without the rack (see the pics attached...)i love it...but i was wondering what everyone else thought of it. appranantly my dad bought it for like $30 (and it's works flawlessly) so i thought that was a damned good deal. Should there be anything I should be aware of? Would it be reliable? etc...
Attachments:
04.jpg
Quote by pdawson

crap, i got high and took a bath with my sisters fish, and totally forgot he was in there when i drained out the water
R.I.P Sassy

Quote by MakinLattes

I once sharpened an entire box of crayons and walked around my neighborhood trying to sell baggies of shavings.
Last edited by Necrolysis at Mar 31, 2011,
Be aware that Kustom rated their amps at "music power" but from the number of output and driver transistors in the amp and the size of the power teransformer I remember in those things 175 Watts RMS would seem about right and although the channels weren't really high gain they would typically saturate at 6 or so with a Jazz Bass pickup plugged in.

The amp is very reliable. I gigged playing bass with one for a couple of years