In my thread a few weeks ago, someone recommended the Boss FS-6, I believe.

I've looked at them, and the price is alright, but I just want to know what exactly I'll be able to do with it. Obviously, I need to be able to switch between the lead channel and the rhythm channel - but can the FS-6 also switch the "crunch" switch on the rhythm channel - I definitely want to be able to do that. I've gotten some really sweet tones for blues/rock out of that channel with the crunch switch activated.

It would also be nice to be able to switch the reverb on and off, but I've also been considering getting a delay/reverb pedal for that. (the stock reverb leaves a little to be desired, and sounds muddy on the lead channel.)
Hmm, I own a 5150 and I don't even know if a pedal can control the crunch/reverb on it. If I had to guess I would say no.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
I own a Boss FS6 and I love it. I use it on my 5150 and my VK. On both amps, the A toggles the channel, and the B toggles the reverb on/off.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
On the 112 A toggles the channel, B toggles the crunch boost on the rhythm channel.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
I can answer that question!

Because I have a 6505+ 1x12 and I use a Boss FS-6 with it. The 'A' button switches the lead/rhythm, and the 'B' switches the crunch off and on. I did a lot of research before getting it and it's definitely the best footswitch you can get for the 6505 combo outside of some custom job.

You can't control the on board reverb with a switch without some modification (Which isn't all that hard, but still time consuming). So if you really want to control that look into getting a dedicated reverb pedal.
Thanks for all the responses! It looks like I'll be getting the FS-6! Most of all, in addition to channel switching, I wanted to be able to switch the crunch on and off on the clean channel. It'll be like having 3 channels, lol.

I'm not thrilled about the amp's reverb anyway, so I'll look into a good reverb/delay pedal for that. Can anyone recommend a good pedal that has both reverb and delay?

(The one thing I miss about my Marshall MG 100 is the reverb and the cleans - both were a hell of a lot better than the 6505. But the sheer brutality of the lead channel was well worth it!)
boss rv-3!!!
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣