I keep trying to open up a guitar pro 5 file, and it keeps going to my trial version of guitar pro five, and i cant figure out how to open up that file on guitar pro 6.. help ?
Open guitar pro 6 -> file -> open?
Pamposh’s final question before drifting into a state of transcendent ecstasy was, “But Master, if everything is an illusion, then why does anything matter?”

To which the master replied, “It may all be an illusion, but it’s a very real illusion.”
right click the guitar pro tab. If it has a guitar pro 5 icon that means the computer will open it with that program by default you change that by right clicking the tab file and then go to open with. then have the check box checked for always use this program to run this type of file
I got the same problem with trial, and I think it's impossible to open anything with trial.. I of course can be wrong but I did not solve my problem and simply uninstall GP6.
Call me Lucas

R&F'R!

I'm on Facebook

and sorry if I'm making grammar mistakes
i did that just now, the problem is when guitar pro 6 opens up it doesnt give me the tab of the song i want, it just opens up gp6
Quote by cdek12309
i did that just now, the problem is when guitar pro 6 opens up it doesnt give me the tab of the song i want, it just opens up gp6

That's what I said, and i was too tired to keep struggle with it, sorry but I can't help you
Call me Lucas

R&F'R!

I'm on Facebook

and sorry if I'm making grammar mistakes
sorry if any of this has already been said, i just skimmed through;

you can open GP6 program, then open the file from within the program. i have a similar problem with GP5 opening GP4 files but always works if you open through the program.

Also could try "open with" option on the rightclick menu, or go into file properties and change "opens with" program to GP6. If you have all your file in the same folder it will usually change all similar files to the same (ie; all GP5 files will open with GP6, so you shouldnt have to do it for EVERY file). This is also accessed through rightclick menu on the file itself, not in GP
If it Guitar Pro 5 icon, which means that the computer will open the default program, you change the file by right clicking and then tab to open it. So let the Always use this program to run this type of file...