I'm looking to hook up my guitar to my computer for recording.
Also, I'd like to have a lot of different effects and sounds...ya know
This pod x3 looks perfect, apparently it can model a Mesaboogie and a peavey 5150?
So.....What is this device mainly for? Can I hook it up the my current amp (Peavey Bandit 112)? Can I use it to record? If I plug it into my computer, can I play through my computer speakers?

Thanks in advance I can get this for $80, wana see if its worth it.
The PODx3 has a jacks that you might be able to play through your speakers. I haven't been able to get a good tone out of my xt lately so I've been using free vsts instead. For 80 bucks I would totally get it though.
Quote by ShredWithEd
I'm looking to hook up my guitar to my computer for recording.
Also, I'd like to have a lot of different effects and sounds...ya know
This pod x3 looks perfect, apparently it can model a Mesaboogie and a peavey 5150?
So.....What is this device mainly for? Can I hook it up the my current amp (Peavey Bandit 112)? Can I use it to record? If I plug it into my computer, can I play through my computer speakers?

Thanks in advance I can get this for $80, wana see if its worth it.

you can use it with your amp, you can use it to record straight into your computer, and yes if you have an 1/8-1/4 adapter, which you probably do, you can get it to play out of your computer speakers
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.