Hey guys I play with a band and we try to play a lot of phish and disco biscuits type jams with trance fusion style improvisation in between songs. I have a line 6 amp and currently use a FBV EXPRESS™ MkII that i found at a friends house. The 2 main problems I have is that I cant control the wah and volume at the same time, and I cant turn on the echo with my feet, but I can tap out the echo tempo. I change these effects all the time during jams and I need to be able to do it on the spot with my feet. I'm looking for a multi effects pedal that will replace this and let me control this everything, especially echo/reverb all with my feet. Preferably with two pedals so that I can control an effect and the volume at the same time. Any suggestions?
Running a MFX pedal into a Line 6 amp is usually not recommended. Maybe the FBV board is borked? I would probably ask this question over at the line6.com forums - they can maybe either help you fix your current problem or find a new floor board. Good luck.
^ this.

and line6 and multi effects wont work too well together as 311ZOSOVHJH mentioned above also.
Theres nothing wrong with the board it works fine, it just doesn't do everything I want it to. And I was hoping to move away from line 6 boards because eventually I plan to upgrade my amp to something larger/better sounding with no built in effects. Wouldn't using a multi effects board work fine if I left the amp on a clean setting?
Why would you need to control wah and volume at the same time? Do you sit and rock on both feet? Because that's the only way. If Delay is your only concern, get a delay pedal.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Why would you need to control wah and volume at the same time?
It's not that you need to control them at the same time. But if the volume and wah share the same pedal with a toe switch, then when you turn the wah on you're at max volume. You may not want that.
^ yeah thats exactly the problem, if I wanna switch on the wah I have to go to full volume. If I set the max volume to a normal level though, I cant go any higher when I need to take more of a lead. Also changing effects often changes the volume level, and it's much easier to have a volume pedal always available than customize the volume for each setting because I never know exactly what will sound best when I'm playing.
Last edited by bl74 at Apr 1, 2011,
Quote by bl74
^ yeah thats exactly the problem, if I wanna switch on the wah I have to go to full volume. If I set the max volume to a normal level though, I cant go any higher when I need to take more of a lead.

Thats why you make a solo setting, one tap of the foot and you´re there.